FedEx is holding my package hostage until I receive a Fish & Wildlife permit!I was waiting for a package of 600 stainless steel rings when they called to say I need a permit for 'mother of pearl'.

There is no mother of pearl in the package, just stainless steel, I told them to open it!

The only way they will deliver the package is if I pay for this permit!I have spent 4 days talking to FedEx, emailing, being hung up on, on hold and was even told by one employee that they don't have a Customs Dept!

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

The package finally came, a week after this complaint was posted.It seems the employee on the 1st floor never sent the package to the 4th floor for Wildlife inspection.

Said they had it inspected twice, but Wildlife never saw it.

That employee handling our case wouldn't take our calls, wouldn't transfer us to a supervisor, told us there was nothing we could do to get the package!!Then after many complaints to different consumer groups, the package finally arrived...still just a box of metal, now with wildlife approval!

bcrawford1111

Unfortunately my package is sitting in the FedEx International Claims office in Memphis, TN.At least that's what FedEx told me.

They were supposed to be sending it to Fish & Wildlife to inspect it, for the 2nd time, the first time they didn't find anything, so they need to do it again. Fish & Wildlife told me they have never seen my package, but will keep an eye out for it! Different FedEx claims representatives keep contacting me telling me I need to get a license to import mother of pearl. There is no mother of pearl in the package, I don't understand where they have even come up with that.

I've told them to open the package and look, all stainless steel.

A claims rep told me this afternoon there was nothing she could do to help me and hung up.So, I am to assume my package is just in a black hole?

catty
Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #338400

us customs has your shipment, fedex is trying to clear it so they can deliver it. sounds like a paperwork problem. until it is released to them they can do nothing