On or about May 17 2012 My wife was flying out after a visit to her Mother in Hattiesburg Ms. and had excess baggage. Airline was going to charge $35.00 for the extra bag. Being a regular user of fedex in my business, I told her to ship it back by them. I checked on line and it was going to be about $22.00. She took it to the fedex office and asked to ship it the cheapest way. They told her 2nd day express was the cheapest and it would be delivered on Tuesday May 22. THEY CHARGED HER $56.22! This was correct for the way they shipped, but she had asked for the cheapest way. Ground would have been the cheapest at around $22.00 and would have arrived a day earlier.

I feel they are missleading the elderly that don't know any better. Reason I say this, is because back in the fall, the same thing happened to my 87 year old Mother, at the same office. I didn't mention it then, as I thought it was probably her fault. But Rachel ASKED for the cheapest way. Seems to be a problem here.

When I emaled the complaint to Fedex, all I got in reply was a form letted saying they were sorry I wasn,t happy with the service.

Leon & Rachel Elam

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments