1.3
Turnaround Time

On Wednesday, I received a FedEx package in my mailbox, which right there is against the law.

The package, which weighed 2.5 pounds, was liquid, and labeled "paint thinner." The Post Office generally doesn't accept flammable liquids.

It was not addressed to me, but had my correct address. On further examination, it was shipped from a store in Kansas to someone in Kingman, Az. I don't know anyone from Kingman.

The package was re-shipped from Kingman to my house, using the name of the shipper as recipient, not mine. I suspected something very suspicious and called the Kansas store, which said the order number was invalid. I also called our local police, which examined the package and said it probably wasn't harmful.

At this point, I thought it was someone trying to scare me, for some reason. Either that, or someone was shipping drugs to my address, using it as a drop point.

So I called the phone number of the Kingman, Az shipper (whose name didn't match when I checked it out on a reverse directory), and left a message, using extremely strong language, that I didn't appreciate what he was doing.

I called FedEx, and after getting a runaround, they admitted that their tracking number was legit.

So I called the Kingman phone number again, and a woman answered. She said it was for her husband, who just moved in to a house three houses down from me, and would pick the package up in 10 minutes. I didn't trust her, so I got my gun and put it in my waistband.

She showed up, wearing shorts, flip flops, and a tank top. There was no way she was packing heat, so I put my gun away and handed her the package.

It turns out her husband is a builder, constructing homes in Kingman, Az, and the name from the reverse directory is the name of the development. The package contained paint stain.

The clerk at the reshipping site in Arizona typed in an extra '1' in the address, making it "11" when it should have been "1." Plus the FedEx driver was lazy, and should have dropped it off at the door rather than leave it in the mailbox. A lot of trouble would have been averted.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: An apology from FedEx would suffice..

Comments