Rio, Illinois

I ordered a Xmas gift online on 12/19/12 and paid for overnight delivery.It shipped via FedEx from California and it's destination was Illinois.

I checked tracking that night and was pleased to see that it was scheduled for delivery to my home at 4:29pm on 12/20/12! I checked the tracking once again on the 20th in the early morning to see that it had already arrived in Indiana. Nice! Then we had a major snowstorm hit that afternoon and night so, understandably, it would be delayed by a day...

nothing anyone can do about that. No, it sat in Indianapolis for 2 days before traveling hundreds of miles and by-passing my house by 5 miles! It goes to Cedar Rapids Iowa and sits for 2 more days. Then finally goes to our local sort facility in Moline Illinois (only 35 miles from my house) and sits for 2 more days!

So now it's Christmas Eve and according to the FedEx website they do not deliver on Xmas Eve unless it is "Custom Critical Delivery" so I check the tracking that morning just to be sure and it is still sitting in Moline at the facility. My family and I are home until 3pm that afternoon and had to leave for a family dinner out of town. Only to check the tracking again via phone at 4pm to see that it is out on the vehicle for delivery! Excited that my wife might actually be able to open her gift on Christmas Morning, I *** and run back home to make sure someone is there to receive it...with my laptop open to the tracking page I refresh the page a few times over the coarse of an hour only to see the status change to "shipment exception - delay beyond our control" I am now upset.

I was resigned to the fact that it would not come until the 26th, since there was no Christmas delivery. SO yesterday, the 26th, It still showed it was sitting at the local facility all morning so I begin the "call around" to find out what is going on! I first tried to find a phone number for the Moline facility...yeah right! None listed anywhere.

So I looked on the website for help and after sitting on the support page for a few minutes a LIVE CHAT window pops up and I was connected to "Taneshia"...she checked into it for ma and said she ran into a dead end and would have someone from the local facility call me...well they called, it rang once and they hung up! So, I called the number back and got a *** run around automated system with no option to talk to a real person...I looked around online and found a forum where someone mentioned that when you are given a chance in the automated system to speak, say the word "Agent" and you will talk to a real person! It worked! I talked to a very nice woman (forgot her name) who was deeply looking into it for me and after 10 minutes of on-hold, she came back and said she was talking to someone at the local facility and was going to see to it that it would be delivered that afternoon...well after another 8 minutes on hold...sheit hung up on me!

I was too mad to call them back for fear of what I might say...so I wait about a half hour and got a call from "Crystal" from the corporate office in Memphis simply telling me that someone from the local facility would contact me asap regarding the status of my delivery...NO ONE HAS EVER CALLED ME! So, last night I checked to tracking info online and at 7:19pm it had changed to "delivery exception - local delivery restriction-delivery not attempted"...WHAT?! I called the 800 number again as I wanted an answer to wth was going on! The agent on the phone said that the system showed that the driver that had my package "had more than 125 deliveries today and simply ran out of time to deliver all of them"...WTH?!

I would like to add the fact that on both 12/24 and 12/26 FedEx trucks have driven right past my house!

So, as I type this manifesto, I still sit and wait 8 DAYS LATER!Maybe my wife will enjoy her VALENTINE'S GIFT IF IT IS HERE BY THEN!

Review about: Fedex Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

Just got *** on xmas eve myself by fed ex....NEVER AGAIN! I will drop any and all my usual sites i order from if they ship via fed ex.