I wanted to use Legacy Box to transfer 24 8mm tapes to DVD's.They sent me their box to fill with my precious memories along with a shipping label to return it for processing.
They said it would take 4-6 wks for processing. At 6 wks i called to ck on my order snd they said they never received my box. This is where my nightmare begins! I used the tracking # and was told my box was still at the PO where I originally dropped it off.
They accept fedex drop offs there too. The PO said it was picked up by a fedex driver on June 30. I called Fedex numerous times begging for help. Crying about my lost family tapes and they did nothing!
One guy in particular, Don, wss the most heartless person i have ever spoke to...and i ended up speaking to him twice! The 2nd time he was more than happy to report that my claim was DENIED! I was told that the drivers are not required to scan the pkgs at every station. I asked, "why do you use tracking labels then!?".
I cannot believe ANY COMPANY WOULD USE FEDEX SMART POST! Finally after 3 months I had come to the heartbreaking terms that my memories were lost forever! And then i got a call.....a contract Fedex employee called me and said he saw my box sitting by a trash can in his whse. Luckily I had put a letter in the box with my name, address and cell # because the outer box was water damaged and destroyed along with the label.
He said the sight of my memories sitting there wsiting to be thrown away was so disturbing to him that he had to call me. (I can't understand why someone had'nt done this sooner)
I drove 4 hrs to the location to get them. All 24 tapes were there, unharmed. I was overcome with emotion!!
Fedex Smart Post needs to be regulated by someone!!!This should never have to happen to anyone!!!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "This is a complaint against David F. Rebholz, President and Chief Executive Officer, FedEx Ground, for mis-management of a shoddy organization that has meted out pitiful service, egregious incompetence, and..."
- "I had a blackberry to be delivered to me coming from Canada and Yes, a signature was required, however, it was supposed to be my signature and I did Not..."
- "Never use FedEx to ship fragile items. Not only where the items inside broken into pieces, antique lamps but the shades in a separate box also were demolished. The boxes..."
- "Typical Lowes or even Home Depot story. During the booms, they get in to contracting business and then find out they don't know what they are doing. Lowes..."
- "Purchased an engagement ring June 1, 2015. White gold, 7 blue diamonds and rhodium, white diamond halo, and white diamonds on each side of band. Has been sent for..."
- "I too found bugs in mine this past month. Class action suit ? I sent the cookies in and thinking about s lawsuit ..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."
- "I ordered a pair of basketball shoes and received a used and worn pair of shoes..."
- "Stay away from Legal Zoom!!! There is NO WAY to cancel services on your account. I tried to remedy the situation with my credit card but I guess I will..."