11.3K views

I'm amongst many who have made the mistake of having an item shipped by FedEx smartpost. I did a little research, and it turns out FedEx bought out a small third-party company called Smartpost a while back and are using this service without letting you know in advance. I mean, I ordered something online and it said it would ship via FedEx, so I bought it thinking I'd have tracking and it would be here in a few days. WRONG!! The company takes its time with putting the order in first off. Telling me that they couldn't get the information sent to FedEx. I placed the order on the 18th of February. It shipped February 22nd. I check up on the tracking...and it says it arrived here in Denver on the 25th, which is normal. So I figure I would wait a day or so for delivery. It is now March 3rd and nothing. It turns out that this Smartpost or rather Stupidpost is where FedEx sends the item to USPS, then USPS delivers it to you. I contact both FedEx and USPS and they have no idea where the packages are. USPS goes on further to tell me that I have more information than they even do. This is what the FedEx Stupidpost says as far as tracking goes. At home expected delivery was supposed to be on the 28th:

02/28/2008

February 25, 2008 3:24 AM Sortation Center Arrival DENVER, CO

February 23, 2008 8:48 AM Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH

February 22, 2008 12:49 PM Sortation Center Arrival GROVE CITY, OH

February 22, 2008 7:00 AM Pickup LEETSDALE, PA

Conclusion...use another service. I use DHL quite a bit and have had ZERO problems with them. Even UPS has been good to me. Both internationally and domestically. NEVER NEVER use Smartpost by FedEx...unless you're fond of speaking with FedEx customer service and like being a hot potato which every representative wants to get out of their hands...just being passed on from person-to-person.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

Yep, just made the mistake of using Fedex Smartpost to ship an order.I've been watching it being bounced around the Denver area for 3 days, and now it was punted clear over a mountain pass to the other side of me and delivery isn't scheduled for another 2 days.

As someone else suggested, "smart" should be removed from their service name and replaced with "dumb".Additonally, the reply I received from Fedex was the typical insulting "you can track your package here" and "here is more obvious and useless information, including the obligatory *this is how we do things*, to fill up space in an email and get this item off my list without taking any responsibility or acknowledging there's a problem", insuring I will pay more to order something from a different supplier if Dumbpost is the only option.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States #1312620

9 years later it is still no good!Same issues.

I base my purchase on when I will receive determining if I should just go to a local store or purchase online and avoid the hassle.

It is much more annoying when you think a package is going to arrive in 2-3 days and over a week later you receive the purchased goods!Very disappointing to say the least.

Tucson, Arizona, United States #1282393

I am waiting for a package sent FedEx Smartpost which took 3 days to go from Indianapolis, IN to Phoenix, AZ and now 3+ days to go from Phoenix, AZ to Tucson, AZ (1 1/2 hour drive!) and was SUPPOSED to be here TONIGHT - they say SHOULD be handed to Post Office in Tucson for delivery tomorrow.Anybody want to take odds on that one?

Yes, I'm pissed! 3 days from IN to AZ and 3+ days from Phoenix to Tucson!!!

I could have driven UP and GOTTEN the package 3 days ago!Ridiculous!

to Anonymous Tucson, Arizona, United States #1283456

Still waiting and what once said delivery for Monday now says Thursday...glad I'm not holding my breath on this....

oh, everyone keeps saying it's the "bad weather" in Phoenix - you know the snow blizzards and such - told the National Weather Service in Phoenix THAT one!

(LOL) Righttttt!We're in the 70-80's this week and last!

FedEx Snartpost has to be the worst shipping method ever.I order a ton of stuff online, never have problems with any other shipping method.

Have had numerous problems with packages shipped via FedEx Smartpost. You can never take the expected delivery date seriously. The date of expected delivery will change daily, getting further and further out. Snail mail is 10 times faster than Smartpost.

I've had at least two packages go completely missing after being shipped via Smartpost. I really wish online retailers would stop shipping stuff using this method.

It's an utter disaster.

to Anonymous Rockville, Maryland, United States #1244581

They should change the name back to Federal Express *** Post

Milledgeville, Georgia, United States #1226999

I had 2 small batteries ordered on Oct 6 and delivered from Keasbey, NJ to Eatonton, GA.Approximately 850 miles.

They were supposed to be here on the 15th at the latest. Then FedEx smartpost changed it to the 17th. Now it's changed to the 18th. They are, at last tracking, sitting about 60 miles from me.

FedEx smartpost traveled with them to Winston-Salem, NC. Not too far from me. Next tracking report showed them in Indianapolis, IN! What?!

Kind of too far out of the way.

Only other thing I had shipped this way started out 20 miles West of Chicago, went North about 60 miles and traveled back South to Chicago then to Gary, IN.

What a messed up delivery system.

I will post about the seller that they ship by FedEx Smartpost to warn others of the slowest shipping available

to Anonymous Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States #1312624

The same thing happened to me. The sellers should at least say they are using this crappy service. They are usually charging for standard Fed Ex and get away with it!

Louisville, Kentucky, United States #1195325

2016 and smartpost is still terrible.4 days to go over 2000 miles (Anaheim, CA to Alexandria, KY) and another 7 days to go 12 miles from Alexandria, KY to Florence, KY.

RIDICULOUS

I will NEVER USE ANOTHER VENDOR that chooses to offer Smartpost as their only shipping option.

TERRIBLE

to Anonymous Chicago, Illinois, United States #1221926

The problem is NONE of the companies state that they use smartpost!they charge expedited delivery fees leading you to believe it will be shipped 2-day ups or Fed Ex, then ship it at dirt cheap rates via Fed Ex's smartpost!

There is no way to identify the companies using this awful service and charging premium prices, except by placing an order and getting shocked when you receive shipping email saying here's the SMARTPOST tracking number. Even if you use the tracking it will only tell you when it's been delivered to the Post office.

After that there is no way to track the package, and I've had packages sit at the Post Office for days before it goes out for delivery to my home.Deceptive billing practices, the companies charge us $15.95 for 2-business day delivery and the pkg doesn't even get to the post office by 2 days, and then sits there for possibly a week before being delivered.