FedEx Stole Mother's Gift & Delivered Ripped Open Empty Package

1007 of 3090 Fedex reviews

'Tis the season for thievery!

My siblings and I ordered a beautiful custom ring for my mother as a Christmas/New Year's Birthday gift. The ring had each of our names next to our birthstones representing each of her six kids. Today, FedEx delivered the ripped open and empty package...the driver claiming it was given to him in that condition, and there was nothing he could do! Really? He then went on to update the status of the delivery as it having been "left at front door...release authorized". Authorized? Left at front door? No, a ripped open empty package was handed to my mother, and she was given no alternative other than to accept it! Nothing in the status update about merchandise being stolen! Nothing there about the recipient being pissed off, upset, or in tears! Maybe the driver took it, or maybe he's telling the truth and he did receive it that way. How do we know? All I know is that FedEx had the package for two days, and in that brief time, someone in their employ stole the ring, and what's worse, the rest of their employees went about business as usual, going so far as to deliver a ripped open package, claiming "there's nothing I can do"! SHAME ON YOU FED-EX!

Why anyone would want a ring with our names on it other than our own mother is beyond me, but it was stolen while in FedEx's possession!

Fortunately, the seller is making a new piece and shipping the replacement (some way other than FedEx) to our mom, but unfortunately it won't make it to her by Christmas or in time for her birthday.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Customer service by phone

Reason of review:
Contents STOLEN!
Preferred solution:
A formal written apology and reimbursement for the $10 in shipping charges for a shipment that was stolen by someone in your employ.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Theft Issue
Review category
Shipping
review #574242 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Fedex? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1007 of 3090 Fedex reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Fedex. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Fedex.
Filing a new complaint about
×