FedEx Stole Mother's Gift & Delivered Ripped Open Empty Package
'Tis the season for thievery!
My siblings and I ordered a beautiful custom ring for my mother as a Christmas/New Year's Birthday gift. The ring had each of our names next to our birthstones representing each of her six kids. Today, FedEx delivered the ripped open and empty package...the driver claiming it was given to him in that condition, and there was nothing he could do! Really? He then went on to update the status of the delivery as it having been "left at front door...release authorized". Authorized? Left at front door? No, a ripped open empty package was handed to my mother, and she was given no alternative other than to accept it! Nothing in the status update about merchandise being stolen! Nothing there about the recipient being pissed off, upset, or in tears! Maybe the driver took it, or maybe he's telling the truth and he did receive it that way. How do we know? All I know is that FedEx had the package for two days, and in that brief time, someone in their employ stole the ring, and what's worse, the rest of their employees went about business as usual, going so far as to deliver a ripped open package, claiming "there's nothing I can do"! SHAME ON YOU FED-EX!
Why anyone would want a ring with our names on it other than our own mother is beyond me, but it was stolen while in FedEx's possession!
Fortunately, the seller is making a new piece and shipping the replacement (some way other than FedEx) to our mom, but unfortunately it won't make it to her by Christmas or in time for her birthday.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Delivery service
- Customer service by phone
- Reason of review:
- Contents STOLEN!
- Preferred solution:
- A formal written apology and reimbursement for the $10 in shipping charges for a shipment that was stolen by someone in your employ.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Theft Issue
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "A friend sent us a package with gifts for our new baby. I found it on my porch, no knock or ring of the doorbell. The box had obviously been..."
- "I wrote a FedEx ceo an email stating my situation: Hello FedEx Executive, My name is Colleen Henson and my shipment that was sent through your company was mistreated resulting in the..."
- "Fed ex just delivered a toy climber and slide and this thing looks like sh*t. I know it didn't come from toys r us like this. The driver just dropped..."
- "My girlfriend moved in and was having issues with allergies. Knowing my ducts were very dirty, we called Sears to clean our ducts. They came out, I was present when..."
- "I have a brand new DeLonghi upright (radiator) heater that almost started a house fire! It melted the outlet and the outlet cover plate, fried my lighting plug that was..."
- "I Took My 1995 Honda Civic Painted at Maaco at 2617 Lathrop Ave Racine W 53405. The Original Paint Job Was Purple Factory Color... I told them I want civic..."
- "...all the shots of the ones I wanted of her in angel wings were terrible!!! Photographer only took two shots..."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."