'Tis the season for thievery!
My siblings and I ordered a beautiful custom ring for my mother as a Christmas/New Year's Birthday gift. The ring had each of our names next to our birthstones representing each of her six kids. Today, FedEx delivered the ripped open and empty package...the driver claiming it was given to him in that condition, and there was nothing he could do! Really? He then went on to update the status of the delivery as it having been "left at front door...release authorized". Authorized? Left at front door? No, a ripped open empty package was handed to my mother, and she was given no alternative other than to accept it! Nothing in the status update about merchandise being stolen! Nothing there about the recipient being pissed off, upset, or in tears! Maybe the driver took it, or maybe he's telling the truth and he did receive it that way. How do we know? All I know is that FedEx had the package for two days, and in that brief time, someone in their employ stole the ring, and what's worse, the rest of their employees went about business as usual, going so far as to deliver a ripped open package, claiming "there's nothing I can do"! SHAME ON YOU FED-EX!
Why anyone would want a ring with our names on it other than our own mother is beyond me, but it was stolen while in FedEx's possession!
Fortunately, the seller is making a new piece and shipping the replacement (some way other than FedEx) to our mom, but unfortunately it won't make it to her by Christmas or in time for her birthday.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Delivery service
- Customer service by phone
- Reason of review:
- Contents STOLEN!
- Preferred solution:
- A formal written apology and reimbursement for the $10 in shipping charges for a shipment that was stolen by someone in your employ.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Theft Issue
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "FedEx uses two dates to determine when a package will actually get to its destination: an estimated delivery date and a commitment date. A package that had been slated for..."
- "Now, before I go to far, the order was placed through Amazon. I've never had problems with them before. I placed my order Friday at 9:59 A.M. and paid the..."
- "# this video was Recording in the back of fedex office in Saudi Arabia in Buraydah # Date Recording : 26 of the July 2014 ,,, # Translation this videos : Over Three..."
- "I got a one vanilla card and paid cash 30$. The store gave me the card and did not see on the receipt that it was declined. I returned to..."
- "I did a lot of research on food processors, looking for the best one available. Not only did Breville get great reviews but I think it's the best looking food..."
- "We painted out deck last July and the paint is already pealing off, it was expensive I bought 5 gallons of paint and this is what I get? And..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."
- "In short I have had a pair of lucky jeans for over ten years still my favorite. Baught 3 new pairs 3 months ago and they fell apart. old tag..."
- " Today 10/25/2016 we went into the Chili's in Arroyo Grande California and waited for 15 to 20 minutes to be seated we were never acknowledged or never approached. ..."