Verona, Wisconsin

'Tis the season for thievery!

My siblings and I ordered a beautiful custom ring for my mother as a Christmas/New Year's Birthday gift. The ring had each of our names next to our birthstones representing each of her six kids. Today, FedEx delivered the ripped open and empty package...the driver claiming it was given to him in that condition, and there was nothing he could do! Really? He then went on to update the status of the delivery as it having been "left at front door...release authorized". Authorized? Left at front door? No, a ripped open empty package was handed to my mother, and she was given no alternative other than to accept it! Nothing in the status update about merchandise being stolen! Nothing there about the recipient being pissed off, upset, or in tears! Maybe the driver took it, or maybe he's telling the truth and he did receive it that way. How do we know? All I know is that FedEx had the package for two days, and in that brief time, someone in their employ stole the ring, and what's worse, the rest of their employees went about business as usual, going so far as to deliver a ripped open package, claiming "there's nothing I can do"! SHAME ON YOU FED-EX!

Why anyone would want a ring with our names on it other than our own mother is beyond me, but it was stolen while in FedEx's possession!

Fortunately, the seller is making a new piece and shipping the replacement (some way other than FedEx) to our mom, but unfortunately it won't make it to her by Christmas or in time for her birthday.

Review about: Theft Issue.

I didn't like: Delivery service, Customer service by phone.

2.3
Tracking Tool
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Contents STOLEN! / $130
Preferred solution A formal written apology and reimbursement for the $10 in shipping charges for a shipment that was stolen by someone in your employ.

Had an Experience with Fedex?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.