FedEx Stole Mother's Gift & Delivered Ripped Open Empty Package
'Tis the season for thievery!
My siblings and I ordered a beautiful custom ring for my mother as a Christmas/New Year's Birthday gift. The ring had each of our names next to our birthstones representing each of her six kids. Today, FedEx delivered the ripped open and empty package...the driver claiming it was given to him in that condition, and there was nothing he could do! Really? He then went on to update the status of the delivery as it having been "left at front door...release authorized". Authorized? Left at front door? No, a ripped open empty package was handed to my mother, and she was given no alternative other than to accept it! Nothing in the status update about merchandise being stolen! Nothing there about the recipient being pissed off, upset, or in tears! Maybe the driver took it, or maybe he's telling the truth and he did receive it that way. How do we know? All I know is that FedEx had the package for two days, and in that brief time, someone in their employ stole the ring, and what's worse, the rest of their employees went about business as usual, going so far as to deliver a ripped open package, claiming "there's nothing I can do"! SHAME ON YOU FED-EX!
Why anyone would want a ring with our names on it other than our own mother is beyond me, but it was stolen while in FedEx's possession!
Fortunately, the seller is making a new piece and shipping the replacement (some way other than FedEx) to our mom, but unfortunately it won't make it to her by Christmas or in time for her birthday.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Delivery service
- Customer service by phone
- Reason of review:
- Contents STOLEN!
- Preferred solution:
- A formal written apology and reimbursement for the $10 in shipping charges for a shipment that was stolen by someone in your employ.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Theft Issue
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Got a shipment from FedEx today and see how they placed something that is well over 60 lbs. Is it too much to expect that a heavy shipment (or any..."
- "I need bit of an advice on how to proceed in this situation. I was supposed to receive a package that was a part of two package shipment. The packages..."
- "Recently mailed some antique glassware and the box arrived broken and with puncture holes in the side. Out of the 30 pieces I shipped, only 15 arrived intact and some..."
- "I received a top I ordered with a black spot on the back. I filed for a return on their website and uploaded pictures asked. they offered me 20% and..."
- "Found speaker boombox from Zapals. Good sound quality, soothing color with LED light, this Bluetooth speaker has not one, but two loudspeaker units built inside its body, providing you with..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "We purchased a two couches that were a mixed leather blend as well as a 5 Year Warranty that went along with it. The salesman at the time assured us..."
- "My wife and I read all about this product and all of the horrible reviews on Lumber Liquidators. Well we went to the GB store in Wis. and the sales..."
- "I have competed in NAM twice: When I was 16 and again when I was 19. Neither time ended well for me, especially the 2nd time. The first time was..."