Kennebunk, Maine

Having difficulty getting around, I do most of my shopping online now. The methods of delivery are usually UPS, FedEx, or USPS.We moved recently, so we needed/wanted a bunch of new things for our place. Out of, lets say, 10 deliveries, half were shipped via UPS. Those people are so efficient and courteous, I can't say enough good about them. They've always taken the packages right to my door. If it was a little heavy, I was asked if I would like them to bring it in for me. What a great company UPS is!!!

On the flip side is FedEx who were supposed to deliver the rest. Three of five times, they brought my packages to USPS to do the home delivery for them. Thing is, because our little mail room has P.O. like boxes and can only be entered by residents and mail carriers, the packages are left on a shelf. Left on a shelf where other residents who get the urge, can walk off with your things. But that hasn't happened yet. I guess people here are pretty honest. And that's a rarity in this day and age. Twice FedEx did attempt to deliver to the door, and twice they left it at the wrong number. All the units are clearly marked and with no stairs to climb, so I don't get it.

For those packages left at wrong place, online tracking states the package has been delivered. I called 1-800-GO-FEDEX the rep didn't know what happened to the package, so she took my number and said she'd call me back as soon as she located it. Needless to say, that call never came. The other time he argued with me saying "it says here it was delivered to the door. I don't know what you did with it after that"!!!!

I've notified all the merchants on my list about the problems I've had with FedEx and have encouraged them to rethink this shipping method.

Review about: Fedex Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

Nick1346
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #695758

As a matter of fact, it all depends on the driver and how the shipper of the company paid FedEx to deliver it.If the driver is nice and intelligent then they will deliver it perfectly as everyone wants.

But if they are *** or don't care they will do it anyway they want. It happens with both UPS and FedEx. If the shipper pays FedEx for "SmartPost" of a service similar they they will pay the US Post Office to deliver it and you are at the PO's mercy. If it is delivered wrong then you're out of luck!

If you don't receive the package, you can only tell the shipper to report to FedEx that it was lost or stolen after delivery because they didn't collect a signature or deliver it to the person.They'll refund you real quick!