Verified Reviewer

At 15735 SE 167th Pl. Renton,Wa.

a Fed Ex truck was parked in the driving lane with two cars parked against the curb on each side of the truck. The truck was angle parked with the front end sticking out into the middle of the street. Due to the parking my husband was just beginning to navigate between the truck and the parked cars next to the curb. That is when a crunch was heard and the mirror, fender and the bumper was damaged.

The driver is saying he was not in the truck when this occurred but when my husband exited his car the driver was there and said he was just beginning to pull away. This is issue because there were open areas where he could have parked without blocking the street. He may have needed to walk a half a block to deliver the package. It is also and issue because my insurance now has to pay for the damages caused by a Fed Ex truck.

We are not aware of any damage to the truck. I believe that the drivers only get two incidents of traffic violation prior to being put I on a watch list. This would seem to imply that a driver would not necessarily want to tell the absolute truth. I have in the past had to back up and take a different route because a Fed Ex truck was blocking the through traffic.

The driver was Jacob Shaffer unit #431440.

I believe Fed Ex should be responsible for the damages as I would be ticketed if I had parked in such an unsafe manner. The pictures I provided do not show the damages mirror

User's recommendation: To not except those street being blocked by FedEx trucks.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

FedEx Cons: Delivery drivers.

Comments