FedEx wastes resources and money to slow packages for no reason.
Update added by user Jun 13, 2015
Correction: It took them 2 days to transfer the package to the US Postal system, not 3.
Original review posted by user Jun 13, 2015
Seller shipped package from Colorado to Portland. OR.
In two days it arrived at Troutdale, OR which is 11.6 miles from my front door.
It then was shipped to Kent, WA which is 160 miles from my front door.
Then it took them 3 days to transfer it to the US Postal System in Portland OR.
That results in over 320 extra miles and 7 extra days for delivery. Why? To extort more money out of both seller and buyer. But at what cost to resources? And what damage to their reputation?
People claim some dumb excuses to defend this, but there is absolutely NO rationale that makes this alright on any level. Go ahead and try. Explain how logistics is improved by sending the package almost to its destination then sending off to an entirely different state. Explain how the seller paid to have it arrive by a certain date, so it is best to hold it so it doesn't get there early. Give me one of those excuses how the seller paid the cheapest rate so it makes total sense to add an extra 320 miles on to save money. I'll wait while you lie to yourself.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I just got into the hobby of keeping reef tanks. I bidded on corals on eBay and won one of the auctions but ended up cancelling that transaction because I..."
- "Problem: - Shipped a package from Dubai To Saudi Arabia on 27th May 2014, at Fedex office located in Dubai near Terminal 2 Airport. - I cancelled the shipping on the..."
- "I have now been waiting six days for an "overnight" FedEx shipment of an engagement ring that shipped on Thursday March 5th. So I get that there was snow in..."
- "I wish I would've seen the other person's review before. Like them, I spent over $100 on Dolls Kill -- I'd never bought anything from them before. I was about..."
- "Swift was an ok place to work for about the first couple years. First week of orientation great. Good staff and great students in the class. The lodging that swift paid..."
- "This CA company, If Only, Inc., hired us to do a furniture assessment on a large sofa that they had shipped to a couple in Clackamas, OR. The arm..."
- "We had purchased a bookcase in August 2016 from The Mallery Hall Collection company. We really liked the design of that bookcase, and we were hoping that this would be..."
- "I purchased a Levian snake ring. It has white and chocolate diamonds. I have sent it back to Levian 5x for repair due to diamonds randomly falling out of the..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."