I paid $1'500 US for a Kids charity items worth no more then $600 Au at best, a signed book and T shirt, in which I will give to another charity in AU.This was pulled up by the Fedex Broker Gustavo Olivera in Sydney who insisted I give him the authority to clear the goods without giving me an idea on cost, I refused so he advised me my goods will be sent back to sender in 5 days.
I then called a friend who imports who advised me the goods in question are free of duty based on the USA - AU trade agreement, he also gave me a link to show the cost can be based on real cost or similar items, see link
( There are six valuation methods in section 159 (10) of the Customs Act 1901. Apart from the Transaction Value method (above) the other methods are Identical Goods, Similar Goods, Deductive, Computed and Fall-back. Refer to the Customs Act 1901 for how each method may be applied. )
He advised me this was more about Gus - Fedex making additional fees to clear the goods, I then sent Gus from Fedex this info and advised him I am happy to take the risk on any fines based on this information.
In my shock Gus refused, he advised I need to pay just over $400 Au or he will return the goods back to sender. I explained at least 5 times the situation with how you pay well over the cost as its for charity, Guy advice was he did not care and bad luck. I find it quite sad how Fedex has got this greedy for the sake of making some extra fees and employee could be sold cold. The sad part is Gus knows I can do nothing about it and no one in Fedex cares, just too big.
I just hope this post gets seen by a lot of people, and if you intend to ship items please remember this post and Avoid this greedy company.Thanks You Danny
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Incompotent employees
- Gustavo olivera
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Do the right thing and put in the real value and not what Gus thinks
- Product or service
- Fedex Express
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "So I order from Fitbit on June 2nd and paid an extra $25.95 to have the one day shipping so I would receive my package on June 3rd. So yesterday..."
- "My dad died just before Thanksgiving (my mom passed about 3 years ago), and one of the items in their house that I wanted to have is a beautifully and..."
- "Recently mailed some antique glassware and the box arrived broken and with puncture holes in the side. Out of the 30 pieces I shipped, only 15 arrived intact and some..."
- "I ordered a dress 4 weeks ago I have sent so many emails can't phone anymore it hasn't been sent what is going on I just want my dress or..."
- "I was really so disappointed, I gave this as a Christmas present for my husband last year and this is how it looks now.. I hope Fitbit will address this..."
- "why does Michael kore has international shipping to Canada and other countries, but not Australia? I'm so pissed off when i found out it doesn't support international shipping..."
- "Stay away from Legal Zoom!!! There is NO WAY to cancel services on your account. I tried to remedy the situation with my credit card but I guess I will..."
- "I've been a loyal Jawbone customer for...ever, it seems. My UP3 tracker started cracking and is now broken. They're phone support is down. Its been at least 3+days. I could..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."