Greedy Fedex making from Charity

674 of 3090 Fedex reviews

I paid $1'500 US for a Kids charity items worth no more then $600 Au at best, a signed book and T shirt, in which I will give to another charity in AU.This was pulled up by the Fedex Broker Gustavo Olivera in Sydney who insisted I give him the authority to clear the goods without giving me an idea on cost, I refused so he advised me my goods will be sent back to sender in 5 days.

I then called a friend who imports who advised me the goods in question are free of duty based on the USA - AU trade agreement, he also gave me a link to show the cost can be based on real cost or similar items, see link

( There are six valuation methods in section 159 (10) of the Customs Act 1901. Apart from the Transaction Value method (above) the other methods are Identical Goods, Similar Goods, Deductive, Computed and Fall-back. Refer to the Customs Act 1901 for how each method may be applied. )

He advised me this was more about Gus - Fedex making additional fees to clear the goods, I then sent Gus from Fedex this info and advised him I am happy to take the risk on any fines based on this information.

In my shock Gus refused, he advised I need to pay just over $400 Au or he will return the goods back to sender. I explained at least 5 times the situation with how you pay well over the cost as its for charity, Guy advice was he did not care and bad luck. I find it quite sad how Fedex has got this greedy for the sake of making some extra fees and employee could be sold cold. The sad part is Gus knows I can do nothing about it and no one in Fedex cares, just too big.

I just hope this post gets seen by a lot of people, and if you intend to ship items please remember this post and Avoid this greedy company.Thanks You Danny

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Gustavo olivera

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Do the right thing and put in the real value and not what Gus thinks
Product or service
Fedex Express
Review category
Shipping
review #684064 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Fedex? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
674 of 3090 Fedex reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 16, 2015 #1034705

Read and understand the customs act. Duty and taxes are assessed by the Australian government based on transaction value where there is one. To not use the transaction value in your instance is illegal!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Fedex. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Fedex.
Filing a new complaint about
×