Sent a package from Colorado to Canada. Filled out all customs forms, declared value, submitted commercial invoice all at a Fedex location.

A few days later, I check on tracking. It states that there's a shipping exception due to lack of commercial invoice and to contact customer support. Note: Fedex did not contact me, instead deciding to let the package just sit there until I found out something was wrong and contacted them.

I was told that I needed a commercial invoice (already did that, but ok I will do another since you lost it), and I'm instructed to create an account at fedex.com and then fill out, print, and fax paperwork in. All of this, bear in mind, was discovered over 2 hours and six people on the phone. During this 2 hour process, earlier on I asked for the package to be returned since nobody could tell me what I needed to do to have the package delivered. I was told that I had to pay money upfront to have the package returned, despite the fact that they charged me $27.08 for shipping to Canada and the package made it 10 miles from where I dropped it off. Really?

So Fedex quietly holds the package. I can only imagine that it has been rummaged and stolen from, hence the lack of commercial invoice that I saw go onto the package at the location.

Never again.

Review about: Fedex Account.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments