We had time sensitive documents mailed to us through Fed EX Express on 9/15/17.They were scheduled for delivery by 8 pm on 9/20/17.

My husband was home all day from 5:30 am - 10:00 pm with the exception of a 10 minute window when he had to pick up our son from school (which is on our street and less than 1/2 a mile from our home). Apparently, this is when Fed Ex attempted delivery as they left a slip on our door stating they would re-attempt delivery the following day. So, at 8 am on the 21st, my husband started trying to contact Fed Ex to notify them of the 10 min. block where we will be picking up our son to make sure the driver is aware and we did not miss delivery of the package.

However after numerous attempts to contact them and being unsuccessful due to re-routing of the call or the system disconnecting him - he gave up due to the time lost on the phone and getting nowhere. He was home all day on the 21st (except during the 10 min window when he needed to get our son). Again, this is when they attempted to deliver. So, he immediately called and persisted in ignoring the systems prompts and just asking for a representative.

Finally he was able to speak to one and let them know the driver just left our home and he needed them to contact the driver and let make him/her aware he was home before he/she left the area. The rep said he would get a message to the driver and get back to him within an hour. After waiting an hour and 45 minutes and not having the package delivered or receiving the promised return call, he called again and asked to speak to a supervisor. He spoke to Wendy who said the package showed to be placed on a requested "hold for pick up".

By this time, I was home from work and we both let Wendy know that we NEVER requested a hold and in fact had been trying desperately to get the time sensitive documents delivered. She said she would do everything she could to get the package delivered that night but worse case it would be to us by 10 am the following morning (which is today). It is now 12:08 pm and the package has not been delivered. I called and spoke to Fed Reps Anna who informed me the package was "on hold at one of the facilities".

I just about came unglued and demanded to speak to the highest up person I could to get this resolved and the package delivered TODAY!!! She connected me with Countess (a local rep) who informed that she did see Wendy's notes but unfortunately Wendy had not done what she promised because the hold was never removed from the package. Countess stated she would see if her driver coming in around lunch worked our area and if so get them to bring it. Otherwise, she promised to have her driver that comes in at 2 pm (that she knows works our area) deliver it by 4 pm.

Hopefully, Countess delivers on her promise and her driver delivers our package but either way I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of care and service received from Fed Ex. I am also amazed that in 2017 with modern technology at everyone's fingertips that this company has "no way to contact the driver" . In all honesty... this was a lesson learned for us...

ALWAYS USE UPS... they are cheaper and they get the package delivered. The UPS drivers are amazing and truly go above and beyond. I have used them for years at work and regret trying Fed Ex because this has been incredibly frustrating and stressful.

Time sensitive documents depend on deliveries being made on time.

That's why people pay big bucks to have companies like Fed Ex deliver them as opposed to sending out regular USPS mail.Sadly, I think the US Postal Service would have been faster and cheaper.DT104660284590

Review about: Fedex Home Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments