124 views

This is not just one incident but many over the past couple of years. Prior to 2018 Fedex Smartpost used to take 1 to 3 business days to get to the Smartpost hub in my state (NC) from anywhere in the US and then handed off to the USPS for final delivery, taking another day.

This was perfectly acceptable. However, since the early part of 2018, the time en route has increased and is unpredictable, and the time the parcel spends sitting at the local Fedex Smartpost facility before it is handed off to USPS is ridiculous. It is not uncommon for a package coming from CA to get to NC in three to 5 days and then spend a week or more sitting in the local Fedex Smartpost facility before they get around to giving it to USPS for delivery.

Pre-pandemic, it was awful, but it's far worse now. I am currently waiting on two boxes sent by the same shipper on the same day from Denver, CO, and both have been sitting one town over for a week saying "in transit to USPS." This is beyond frustrating.

User's recommendation: Run, don't walk, as far away as you can from shippers that insist on only using FedEx Smartpost. No matter how great the merchandise is, if you don't receive it in a timely manner, it's not worth the frustration.

Product or Service Mentioned: Fedex Smartpost Delivery Service.

Comments

#1932684

Words cannot express the frustration I feel when dealing with FedEx --- the name should be changed to FedExtra - Extra Confusion - Extra Frustration - Extra Chaos. FedEx has become so disorganized that when you request tracking updates, they're not given.

I've requested updates on my expected deliveries and had to continue the tracking on my own or calling FedEx with their pitiful "I'm so sorry for.." excuses---which usually make no sense at all!

In the last two weeks FedEx has allegedly 'delivered' my packages that mysteriously disappeared into thin air--lost packages that were given so many different dates of delivery ---going into so many different hubs until they became lost and then suggested that I contact the shipper to put in claims... I believe FedEx personnel are making a living in taking the packages and either using them themselves or reselling items to make extra money at the shipper's expense...they are too quick to suggest you call the shipper to ask them to put in claims and reship items!!!

#1911703

Yes, this service is an absolute nightmare! My situation with them is even worse.

My package has been at a fedex location 10 miles from where I live for 2 weeks. They have push back the delivery date at least 4 times and will not even let me just come to the location and pick up my package.

The are awful! You are not alone.

#1908722

Fedex Smart Post is combining a fast delivery service with the slowest delivery service known to man. If I order something shipping from California it takes 3 days via UPS or FEDEX alone but SmartPost combines FEDEX with USPS and it takes 6 to 7 days because once handed over to USPS it will sit in certain place for 2-3 days before moving. FEDEX should handle the item from shipping point to my door step..