I shipped a large painting from the SF Bay Area to Kentucky. The painting was wrapped several times in 1 inch bubble wrap and then also wrapped in corregation used for refrigerators. I took it to Fed Ex Kinko's near my home and asked them if it was sufficiently wrapped. I was told it was. The employee and I placed several FRAGILE stickers on the package. The airbill said Adult Signature Required. I was told it was 5 days transit. Six days later the recipient called me to tell me the package was left on her porch, basically in shambles, with the driver not ringing the doorbell or having her sign anything.

She called FedEx and they said a supervisor would come to inspect the package. She did not open it because she was afraid she would be accused of damaging the contents.

Two days later a FedEx driver comes and picks it up, takes it, gives her a tracking number and drives off with it.

One week later, it shows back up at my office a mess with a sticker on it - return to Sender Damaged.

I called Fed Ex, they could care less. They told me to open it. The frame was destroyed completely and the picture had some damage. I filed a claim with FedEx. Not once did I get a phone call from them, an apology, nothing.

Two weeks later I find out they mailed a check for $205.87. No explanation. I called the claims department and I spoke to Debbie who was rude as h$ll. I told her I couldn't believe they shipped the package back to me. She told me "next time you should read our policies and then you will know what our protocol is."

I spoke to a lawyer about this, I am going to take them to small claims court.

Review about: Damaged Package.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $850
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Fedex?

Comments

As a FedEx Authorized Ship Center owner, I can tell you that the picture was not properly packaged, and the fact that you got any compensation from FedEx is amazing.

AZimmer
Missoula, Montana, United States #916976

Looks like a terrible pack job to me.

I would not even ship a piece of paper with fedex.They will charge $200 and never deliver it.

Hahaha..fedex is a joke