I shipped a large painting from the SF Bay Area to Kentucky. The painting was wrapped several times in 1 inch bubble wrap and then also wrapped in corregation used for refrigerators. I took it to Fed Ex Kinko's near my home and asked them if it was sufficiently wrapped. I was told it was. The employee and I placed several FRAGILE stickers on the package. The airbill said Adult Signature Required. I was told it was 5 days transit. Six days later the recipient called me to tell me the package was left on her porch, basically in shambles, with the driver not ringing the doorbell or having her sign anything.
She called FedEx and they said a supervisor would come to inspect the package. She did not open it because she was afraid she would be accused of damaging the contents.
Two days later a FedEx driver comes and picks it up, takes it, gives her a tracking number and drives off with it.
One week later, it shows back up at my office a mess with a sticker on it - return to Sender Damaged.
I called Fed Ex, they could care less. They told me to open it. The frame was destroyed completely and the picture had some damage. I filed a claim with FedEx. Not once did I get a phone call from them, an apology, nothing.
Two weeks later I find out they mailed a check for $205.87. No explanation. I called the claims department and I spoke to Debbie who was rude as h$ll. I told her I couldn't believe they shipped the package back to me. She told me "next time you should read our policies and then you will know what our protocol is."
I spoke to a lawyer about this, I am going to take them to small claims court.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Damaged Package
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "'Tis the season for thievery! My siblings and I ordered a beautiful custom ring for my mother as a Christmas/New Year's Birthday gift. The ring had each of our names next..."
- "I paid $1'500 US for a Kids charity items worth no more then $600 Au at best, a signed book and T shirt, in which I will give to another..."
- "I have bought this used mobile phone from a friend through eBay which is faulty condition to use it here in India for my personal use. I believe the shipper..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."
- "Soy consumidor de tecnología , y los productos son como en la descripción de la página web se indica. Llegan los productos en un paquete bien protegidos, y los..."