Fedex - I will never ship anything with them but a piece of paper!
I shipped a large painting from the SF Bay Area to Kentucky. The painting was wrapped several times in 1 inch bubble wrap and then also wrapped in corregation used for refrigerators. I took it to Fed Ex Kinko's near my home and asked them if it was sufficiently wrapped. I was told it was. The employee and I placed several FRAGILE stickers on the package. The airbill said Adult Signature Required. I was told it was 5 days transit. Six days later the recipient called me to tell me the package was left on her porch, basically in shambles, with the driver not ringing the doorbell or having her sign anything.
She called FedEx and they said a supervisor would come to inspect the package. She did not open it because she was afraid she would be accused of damaging the contents.
Two days later a FedEx driver comes and picks it up, takes it, gives her a tracking number and drives off with it.
One week later, it shows back up at my office a mess with a sticker on it - return to Sender Damaged.
I called Fed Ex, they could care less. They told me to open it. The frame was destroyed completely and the picture had some damage. I filed a claim with FedEx. Not once did I get a phone call from them, an apology, nothing.
Two weeks later I find out they mailed a check for $205.87. No explanation. I called the claims department and I spoke to Debbie who was rude as h$ll. I told her I couldn't believe they shipped the package back to me. She told me "next time you should read our policies and then you will know what our protocol is."
I spoke to a lawyer about this, I am going to take them to small claims court.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Damaged Package
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Dell computer for which I received a text message for delivery by Fed Ex on the 09/21/16 it stated they had a package for me and how..."
- "So I order from Fitbit on June 2nd and paid an extra $25.95 to have the one day shipping so I would receive my package on June 3rd. So yesterday..."
- "I had a blackberry to be delivered to me coming from Canada and Yes, a signature was required, however, it was supposed to be my signature and I did Not..."
- "I purchased a North Trail 21FBS in May of 2015 from Camping World of Kissimmee, FL. Right off the batthe 120v. heater didnt work on AC, Shower head was clogged..."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."
- "I've been a loyal Jawbone customer for...ever, it seems. My UP3 tracker started cracking and is now broken. They're phone support is down. Its been at least 3+days. I could..."