Fedex - I will never ship anything with them but a piece of paper!

I shipped a large painting from the SF Bay Area to Kentucky. The painting was wrapped several times in 1 inch bubble wrap and then also wrapped in corregation used for refrigerators. I took it to Fed Ex Kinko's near my home and asked them if it was sufficiently wrapped. I was told it was. The employee and I placed several FRAGILE stickers on the package. The airbill said Adult Signature Required. I was told it was 5 days transit. Six days later the recipient called me to tell me the package was left on her porch, basically in shambles, with the driver not ringing the doorbell or having her sign anything.

She called FedEx and they said a supervisor would come to inspect the package. She did not open it because she was afraid she would be accused of damaging the contents.

Two days later a FedEx driver comes and picks it up, takes it, gives her a tracking number and drives off with it.

One week later, it shows back up at my office a mess with a sticker on it - return to Sender Damaged.

I called Fed Ex, they could care less. They told me to open it. The frame was destroyed completely and the picture had some damage. I filed a claim with FedEx. Not once did I get a phone call from them, an apology, nothing.

Two weeks later I find out they mailed a check for $205.87. No explanation. I called the claims department and I spoke to Debbie who was rude as h$ll. I told her I couldn't believe they shipped the package back to me. She told me "next time you should read our policies and then you will know what our protocol is."

I spoke to a lawyer about this, I am going to take them to small claims court.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 07, 2015 #1004516

As a FedEx Authorized Ship Center owner, I can tell you that the picture was not properly packaged, and the fact that you got any compensation from FedEx is amazing.

0 0 Reply

Dec 16, 2014 #916976 Missoula, Montana

Looks like a terrible pack job to me.

0 0 Reply

Oct 06, 2014 #880916

I would not even ship a piece of paper with fedex. They will charge $200 and never deliver it. Hahaha.. fedex is a joke

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Fedex. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Fedex.
Filing a new complaint about