Fedex - I will never ship anything with them but a piece of paper!
I shipped a large painting from the SF Bay Area to Kentucky. The painting was wrapped several times in 1 inch bubble wrap and then also wrapped in corregation used for refrigerators. I took it to Fed Ex Kinko's near my home and asked them if it was sufficiently wrapped. I was told it was. The employee and I placed several FRAGILE stickers on the package. The airbill said Adult Signature Required. I was told it was 5 days transit. Six days later the recipient called me to tell me the package was left on her porch, basically in shambles, with the driver not ringing the doorbell or having her sign anything.
She called FedEx and they said a supervisor would come to inspect the package. She did not open it because she was afraid she would be accused of damaging the contents.
Two days later a FedEx driver comes and picks it up, takes it, gives her a tracking number and drives off with it.
One week later, it shows back up at my office a mess with a sticker on it - return to Sender Damaged.
I called Fed Ex, they could care less. They told me to open it. The frame was destroyed completely and the picture had some damage. I filed a claim with FedEx. Not once did I get a phone call from them, an apology, nothing.
Two weeks later I find out they mailed a check for $205.87. No explanation. I called the claims department and I spoke to Debbie who was rude as h$ll. I told her I couldn't believe they shipped the package back to me. She told me "next time you should read our policies and then you will know what our protocol is."
I spoke to a lawyer about this, I am going to take them to small claims court.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Damaged Package
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I had two speakers that I sold on eBay that I had bought from a retailer brand in original packaging. The exterior of the container clearly showed they were speakers...."
- "I sent 3 parcels from Namibia, one to South Korea (Seoul National University), one to the USA (Bonakdar Art Gallery New York), one to India (Bangalore University) with accompanying, descriptive..."
- "So I order from Fitbit on June 2nd and paid an extra $25.95 to have the one day shipping so I would receive my package on June 3rd. So yesterday..."
- "They are horrible. I just got a coat. was supposed to be Medium, but is size XXXS or "zero." Won't fit anyone over the age of 10. I am out..."
- "I bought a new radio for my vehicle and it is defective. ALIEXPRESS and the company Jorge Car DVD co, ltd will not support the one year warranty they claim..."
- "So, like many Americans, I took part in Black Friday. While stocking up on various items, I went to the skinstore.com to get some face lotion (Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion)..."