1.2
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I had a order for countertops for one of my properties, before I could receive them, I need to review a template that was shipped.To save the hassle of shipping to my home while I am not there, I had it shipped to my work address.

I kept regular tabs on the process, and once shipped via FEDEX, I noticed a delivery day of Saturday. Being Thursday, I promptly called FEDEX to have them hold the package at the facility so I many pick it up on Saturday (being that the office is closed on weekends). The operator at 1.800.GoFedEx assured me that I was ok, and the package would be held for pickup on Saturday. Saturday morning I checked the tracking number, only to my shock to see it out for delivery, and a note that package was not delivered because no one was available (shocker).

I called 1.800.GoFedEx again, and was told that there must have been a mistake, and that it was for sure going to be held for my pickup on Monday (FedEx Home delivery is closed Mondays, and it was shipped via FedEx Home). The operator even called the hub, to ensure that this would have taken place. He would not give me the number because it was "for internal use only" but assured me I would be able to get the package, and could not before then, because the drive was out making deliveries, and there was no way to contact or make arrangements with him. I reluctantly got off the phone feeling like this was a half measure to their mistake.

Cut to Monday.

I travel 30 minutes to the FedEx hub, to which I am greeted with a phone in a sparse room with a single chair and no heat. I pick up the phone, relay my tracking number, and wait on hold for 20 minutes. When the operator finally gets back on the line, she informs me that the package is on a truck with 200 other packages that were not delivered, and there was no one available to obtain it from the truck. She then offered to have the package held so I may pick it up the next day (Tuesday).

I declined since I was assured it would be back for delivery on the truck the next day, and that there was NO REFERENCE TO MY TWO CALLS OR REQUESTS to hold the package anywhere in the system!

It is this kind of blatant disregard for service, and apathy for not only package handling, but customer satisfaction that is the reason I ask everyone to never use FedEx.

I have used UPS and USPS with no issue, UPS even has a button push to reroute the package, and it does just that (I have used it myself a few times).This customer service will be the sole reason I never use FedEx and will tell everyone I know of the horrid service, to ensure that my issue does not happen to another, and that perhaps when FedEx loses more market share they can reflect on their shortcomings and know that it was their ineptitude that caused the fall, not any outside influences, but only a failure from within.

I didn't like: Lied about package handling and do not perform.

Comments