Verified Reviewer

1.3

I just had the same thing happen to me. I sold a western saddle on FB.

The online label I printed and cost for the shipment was $121.80 and they tried to charge my credit card for $279.16. In fact, my credit card company flagged and blocked the charges because they thought they were fraudulent. I even had my credit card cancelled and reissued. I noticed no charges for the $121.80 however which seemed weird.

Today I get a bill from Fed Ex for $279.16. I made two copies of the shipping label and estimate, so I have in writing what it was "supposed" to cost. Now, they do say it's an estimate, but seriously you consider an estimate to be something reasonably close the actual charges,not more than TWICE as much. I bought a shipping box from U-Haul, so I know the exact dimensions.

I packed and weighed the package before I put in the numbers for the estimate, so I know the size and weight were correct. The package I shipped weighed 37 lbs, yet the bill says it weighed 152 lbs. I am 5 ft tall and weigh 130 lbs -- there is no way I could have gotten a 152 lb package into the Fed Ex store by myself. They are also charging me for over-sized.

The box I purchased from UHaul was 24X24X30, way below their oversized package dimensions. I haven't contacted them yet, but I will be doing so on the next business day and there is no way, I am paying this amount.

User's recommendation: Ship UPS or USPS -- UPS is more expensive but at least they seem to be honest.

Comments