Ixonia, Wisconsin

First off, when placing my order with fedex, i wrote specific instructions on where to leave the package and that I WAS NOT requiring the package to be signed for as I work full time and i was not taking a whole day off to sit and wait for a driver to show up between 8am and 5pm... The package arrived and instead of leaving as instructed they placed a note on my door saying someone would have to sign for package in person.

I called and talked to supervisor and she assured me the next day the package would be dropped off as originally instructed. The next day came and i received the sticker on my door saying i need to be in person to sign. Once again i called manager and she now told me i have to be in person. I told her nobody was at home until after 3pm on - friday or anytime Saturday. She told me that her driver had other stops and couldnt make the 3-5 pm delivery time. She told me that in order to get my package i would then need to drive 2 hours (each way) to a fedex warehouse and pick it up from there.

I never did get my package i ended up cancelling the order and reordered through a different store and used UPS! Fedex is the most horrible mail service i have ever used.

I also ordered a bow from OR and of course this company used fedex. The store i ordered from guarenteed 3-5 business days. I ordered this on Tues 8/5/14 at 9pm at night. The order was shipped 8/6 from OR going to WI. Right now its 12:40PM cst and according to Fedex my package is currently sitting in Chavies, KY - 6 business days later and i'm still waiting for it to be delivered.. Big surprise, they didnt do there job again!!

Sad to say but from now on, if any store or company ships using fedex, I will not buy from them!

Pretty sad to say but i trust the U.S. postal service more so than fedex!

I will go without before I use fedex again!

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

Oak Forest, Illinois, United States #925130

Yes.This seems to be standard practice for FedEx.

My belief is that they fraudulantly log delivery attempts and after an alleged 3 attempts, they will not make a 4th attempt unless the shipper pays for a re-shipment authorization.

It is a way they can make shippers pay twice for the same package.BTW, that 4th attempt is usually to a FedEx store somewhere and not your home, which is another upside for FedEx...it is logistically easier to deliver to their satellite stores.

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India #855682

"my package is currently sitting in Chavies, KY - 6 business days later" well I am facing something like this.My package is sitting at a warehouse in SRIPERUMBUDUR,TN,INDIA from Sat night.

the irony is the package arrived at Chennai Airport at noon on Saturday and went to SRIPERUMBUDUR which is 40 Kms from Chennai, while I stay at Avadi which is 20 KMs from Chennai in the opposite direction.The last I saw was, the shipment was out of in delivery vehicle in the afternoon and back at the warehouse in the night.