My father recently lost internet, so he couldn't order anything online. He needed to buy some replacement shaving foil heads and asked me to do it for him. The ordering process wasn't a problem. The shipment was the very next day. The problem was FedEx.

The Tuesday or Wednesday after the 4th of July the package was supposed to be delivered. I got a call from the delivery guy saying he could find the mailbox, but couldn't find the house. That part was certainly understandable as my dad's house isn't all that big and there's trees obstructing the view from the road. Also the house is across the street from the mailbox. (That isn't too unusual in Michigan.) He said he could leave it with a neighbor or at the end of the driveway. I said no to both options as I wasn't too sure about how my dad would feel about it. I told him he could leave it at the porch. Now this is where we started having issues. The driver said his truck couldn't fit under the overhang from the trees. (My dad lets the trees grow pretty wild.) I told the driver he could just get out of the truck and walk up the driveway. It's not that long of a walk and once you get to the end you can see the house right there. Well, this driver is either really scared of nature or is just plain lazy as the package wasn't delivered that day; he said "Well let's just see what happens" when In told him where he could leave the package. I called my dad later that day, relayed what happened, and asked he'd prefer; he said leave it on the porch or at the end of the driveway.

A day or so later I get a call from the delivery guy about the package again. I told him what my dad told me. He could leave it at the end of the driveway or at the house; either was fine with my dad. Again, we have this same issue as mentioned above. I gave him explicit directions again; his response hadn't changed. I call my father later that day to see if he got it. He still hadn't gotten it. He checked the mailbox, the driveway, and the porch; nothing there. He let's me call the folks from FedEx to see what the heck is going on. The guy on the phone (different person from the driver) says the driver was having issues. He presented me with two options: pick it up from a facility or wait for it to be delivered again the following Monday. By this point I'm fed up with the delivery guy so I say we'll pick it up the next day, Saturday. He gives us the address. I call Dad back and tell him the address and whatnot; he's cool for picking it up the next day.

The next day arrives and he and I hang out for a few hours before going to the place. After a couple of hours of technical difficulties and issues with construction on the roads, we pull out his GPS and make our way there. We get down the road, which looks fairly empty. The street was littered with mostly empty warehouses. The GPS tells us that we are passing it up several times as we go back and forth. Finally we make a turn into what looks like an empty lot; the GPS responds that we've arrived. However, we didn't see a FedEx place. what we pulled into was an abandoned power station and warehouse!!! There aren't enough words in the English language to describe how angry we were. The closest would be livid.

As we pull out my dad says call them and have them change the address to mine because at least the driver can't say he can't find the place. (They've delivered to my place once before.) The representative on the phone tells us the only person with the power to do that is the party that originally shipped the package. Makes sense, but doesn't ease our frustration one bit. As we're driving around trying to get to the highway we find the place where we were told that the package would be at. We try to get in only told be told that they were closed. On a Saturday at 2:30 in the afternoon. At this point we're both fed up with this mediocre business. Dad says either have them send it back to the shipper and ask for a refund or try to get them to ship it to my place. Next time I order from someone, if the send it via FedEx, don't bother with them.

And there's one thing I forgot to mention: on the tracking site the driver marks that the package has been delivered.

FedEx is a joke. Their drivers are either incompetent or lazy. They lie to you left and right about where the package is and addresses. I am so done with this company. I am not ordering anything that uses FedEx and I suggest you folks not use them either.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of dissapointed and slow delivery. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problem with delivery of fedex staff and associated monetary loss in the amount of $159. FedEx needs to have the product delivered according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned fedex staff in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at FedEx.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments