Insurance Quality

I sold a $300 graphics card online back in September of 2017.It was being sent to Austin, TX shortly before Hurricane Harvey.

When I first dropped the package off at OfficeMax (who handled the shipping through FedEx), the package tracking number immediately came up as 'cancelled by shipper'. The original tracking number is the one that I had paid insurance on. I requested a new tracking number so the package wouldn't get lost (oh the irony), and the employee at the counter did not include a declared value on the new label. Didn't think anything of it at the time.

Fast forward 2 weeks, and the package was lost somewhere at the Austin facility. Called FedEx numerous times to file a lost package claim, the first 2 times they gave me the run around. First guy said "we have all your information for me to file a claim" and let me hang up as I was going to work. Waited a week to follow up.

Called them again to check on it and the gentleman told me that they had generated a claim number but it hadn't been assigned to an agent yet, whatever that means. I asked him how long it would be to hear back from them and they told me 3-4 business days. I called them on the 4th business day and another gentleman (the only one thus far to speak fluent english) informed me that I couldn't even file a claim as "I was not the original shipper, officemax is considered the shipper". I drove to the officemax that I shipped it from and stood there with the store manager for 45 minutes, both of us playing phonetag with FedEx claims dept., who apparently only work Monday through Friday and leave at noon.

After being on hold with them for way too long, the officemax manager told me she'd finally gotten through and submitted the claim and all I had to do was e-mail her a copy of my invoice from the purchase, which I did. According to her, because of the Hurricane and all the lost packages, FedEx was going to 'set everybody up with their claims'. To those of you who are not familiar, Austin is 500 miles from the coast and was 100% unaffected by Harvey, but whatever, FedEx lost my package, i dont really care why or how, I just want my money back. Fast forward to this morning, I receive a letter in my mail from FedEx telling me not only did they deny my claim, but they hope I'll give them more business in the future.

No f***ing way, FedEx.Next stop is filing a complaint with the BBB.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Horrible customer service.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments