Lucerne, Switzerland

Last week I had a very expensive item shipped from Switzerland to the US using Federal Express International.It shipped Thursday morning and I should have had it Friday afternoon on the East Coast.

I paid $100 for a package that weighed less than a pound. The package got to Newark and required more paperwork. The only notification I received from FedEx was it was delayed. No explanation or contact number.

After several phone calls and two days of chasing down the shipment I finally was able to talk with someone who told me I needed to supply another form. This I did within one hour. That was on Monday. The paperwork was submitted to customs and the product shipped to Memphis and I was directed to expect the package by 10:30AM today.

Needless to say it never showed up. Right now the tracking site indicates it is still in Memphis where it has been for over 8 hours. I took off work to be home as the value of the package requires a signature. The site is still showing delivery by 10:30AM today even though they also show the package is still several hundred miles away and it is 2:40 in the afternoon.

I have little confidence that I am going to get this package and am preparing to have to file and lost claim against FedEx. All this for the low cost of $100 which is what I paid for overnight service from Luzern 7 days ago.

I am in the process of moving all of my international shipments to DHL.I have never had this kind of issue or atrocious communications with them.

Review about: Fedex Overnight Delivery Service.

Reason of review: terrible delivery service and communications.

Preferred solution: Refund of my shipping payment.

I liked: No good.

I didn't like: Failed delivery service.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments