3.8K views

I sent 2 used iPhones via Fedex to Vietnam in July 2010.The custom blocked the shipment stating that they do not accept used phones into the country.

Then they went into the effort of requiring written authorization by both the recipient and sender in order for the package to be return. Once their so-called completed paperwork was done, they had the nerve to send me back useless items of a hooded sweatshirt, nutrition mini dv tape, and a VHS tape! Fedex claimed that the wrong airway label was placed on my package. This is such BS because who would send these *** items internationally costing $90 shipping!

After 2 weeks of investigation by Fedex, they claimed to have found my package but there was only 1 iPhone instead of 2! This is to show that Fedex has very little security in safeguarding your package internationally with thieves and corrupt personal working for Fedex.

I am sorry, Fedex, but you lack integrity within your organization and I cannot entrust you with package.The best resolution that can be done is to submit a claim and get reimbursement after months of hassle with paperwork, wasted time, and headache in dealing with the issue!!

Had an Experience with Fedex?

Comments

Beach Park, Illinois, United States #962525

I sent a pa kage to my friend in ho chi minh for over a month now, I have recieved a call in the middle of the night telling me that the address and phone number was wrong.So I called my friend in vietnam and asked her to give the person a call then I went back to sleep.

I was relieved that the package was already been taken care of. When I wake up, I sa this message from my friend telling me that the people has my package I guess that's their post office, will not going to release the package! Guess what?? They told my friend that she has to pay 55.00 USD to claim it!!!

What??????? Seriously??!!!! I already paid the USPS here in united states to send it in the first place why would they charge my friend??? Golly!!!!

Is there anyone who knows how to report this greedy people??Thank you so much!!!

to Gemma #1123247

I think she need to pay tax , and that money for.import tax and 10% for value of the items.

So did I have to pay for my package before.All she needs when paying is ask for the officer to give her the paperwork to show her the details of taxes she has to pay

I sent a package by USPS to Vietnam.THEY CALLED MY SISTER AND SAID IT IS OVERWEIGHT 11grams!!!

Really it was weighed by USA post office and now vietnam weight again and said over 11gram???!!!

Finally I know vietnamese custom want $100 because of 11 gram overweight.Wow Việt Nam custom is really really worst ever .

to S***billte Atlanta, Georgia, United States #955137

I'm currently going through frustration too because it's been over a month and the package is already over there but it keep saying it is because payment of charges.It is being held while the addressee is notified.

all THEY WANT IS MONEY MONEY MONEY..!!!

I sent a brand new 3GS (when it first came out) to vietnam via USPS and custom also was giving my friend s*!% saying that there is an importing tax and since it's electronic, my friend had to pay 30% of what the phone cost.He paid and gets to take the phone home.

I also sent greeting cards throughout the year and all went through, however, the only time that it got "lost" was when I included one $2 bill.

I also sent a slightly used laptop via FedEx to vietnam and there were problems too.

Everything you send to Vietnam are all checked, opened, or even swapped.Customs or not, even with the local officials you have to give them money before all else :roll I guess money really does talk, especially in Vietnam.

to Somerandomgirl #799607

Hi,

I want to also send an iphone 5s to vietnam. I'm still debating should I use USPS or FedEx for it and what is the best description for it. Cause I know If you put iphone people might take it.

My boyfriend from the U.S sent Christmas presents VIA FED EX ;A Christmas card & a birthday gift in a form of necklace.It was the first gift that my boyfriend was given to me in our 5 years of relationship...but i was

so disappointed when I received it.It was totally wrecked They opened my Christmas envelope & my necklace package was divided into three,The original envelope was there inside but the outer envelope was a new one.I cried so much...

I think u shdve read between the lines.Ur package being held usually means u should have told your recipient to work with the customs, meaning backshish, it wdve went much smoothlier.

Vietnamese customs are corrupt, but they cant uphold theft as a general policy for long as it is also very risky for them (like rijsking *** off some bigger dog than themselves).Bakshish is a much safer way to make their living, therefore theyd take ur money any day instead of stealing from u.

#193089

Amen to that brotha!

#193034

That's right!I am a pissed consumer!

I want my SH*T back! Fedex doesn't need to be servicing a country that they have little or if any control or say so over their custom standards of allowing theft!! God dam*n communist! I hope china bullied Vietnam to the ground so that forsaken govt will get what they deserve.

Bless America for the freedom, the women, the beer, the multi-cultural food, everything!!!I love it here!!!