These guys are f*wads. I needed a hard-to-find item on short notice, so I ordered 2-day shipping at a handsome surplus.

Come day of the delivery, I check my porch only to find a note saying a signature was required..Wait what??!

I receive tons of items from UPS, OnTrac, even the imbecilic postal service. Some of them worth $$$.

But for some reason, FedEx thought it prudent to require a signature for a <$20 item?!?! I called them, since I needed the item that day (Friday). They said I wouldn't even be able to pick it up from a warehouse until Tuesday. So somehow 2 day shipping turned into 6 day shipping. They simply apologized, and didn't offer to reimburse me the difference for what had essentially become standard ground shipping.

Long story short, any time I see a FedEx tracking number show up on Amazon, I'm canceling the order on the spot. Not dealing with these people. If they just want to take my packages on a fun and pointless 6-day box truck adventure, they should join the special olympics and stop trying to pose as a courier service.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

MattD78
Orlando, Florida, United States #836728

Fact.If the shipper says a signature is required it doesn't matter if the item is $20 or $2000.

They will not leave it without a signature.

Conversely, if the item doesn't require a signature it also doesn't matter the cost of the item they will leave it.This policy is also the same for UPS so if you order an item on Amazon and the shipper uses UPS and requires a signature, UPS will not leave it either regardless of item cost.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #836466

If the shipper requires a signature, FedEx cannot just leave it on your porch without one. Place the blame where it belongs.