1.2K views

A FedEx driver knocked part of our fence down early last week.The drivers supervisor called us about it soon after.

He told my husband that someone would be out to fix the fence Friday morning at 8 AM and someone had to be there to witness the repairs being made. Our first reaction was okay, mistakes/ accidents happen it was good of them to respond so quickly and it'll be okay until Friday. Friday morning came and went and no one ever came or called. Clarence claims to have called us but there was no miss call or voice mail.

This was frustrating because like most people we work on Friday at 8 AM. The weekend went by and still no word from anyone at FedEx. Then on Monday my husband called Clarence back only to find out that he needed to speak to Matt at the local office. He did so but Matt wasn't in and would call him back.

After several hours of no call my husband asked me to call because he wouldn't be by his phone. I call and Matt is there immediately...just hadn't thought to return the call yet. Matt then tells me he knows nothing about this but he has a reference number and a 1-800 number I can call. I asked why we hadn't known about this and he said he had no clue.

I call the number get a representative who says someone else is handling this and she'll call me back. When our representative calls I learn that a.) Clarence should NEVER have offered to make the repairs. b.) they have policies against telling customers this and have no solution for the time off c.) he didn't file a claim immediately d.) Matt should have called as soon as the reference number was created (which should have been mid last week - before Friday!) e.) We'll have to get two different estimates on the repairs and that will not be compensated in advance (if at all) and all of this will take time to process...

In short, FedEx has made us take time off work needlessly, damaged our property and been lying to us all along. And what do we get to encourage us to continue using FedEx?

NOTHING.

Maybe someone will get us a check at some point so we can fix the damage they caused...UPS you have a loyal customer!

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

Fort Worth, Texas, United States #1259890

I feel you...they have damaged landscape here at our office building on multiple occasions..still trying to get satisfaction from them.

I just had the same thing happen and called and made a claim and received a number.Still waiting for someone to call and explain how they are going to repair the damage.

This driver had to know he did the damage, and he just left without telling anyone or leaving a note.Nice character people/drivers that FEDEX hires huh???

francojohn23

That is amazing, my experience with this company has always been 100% positive, anytime I need to get in touch with them regarding a package, pick-up time or any other issue I send them a text message via TalkTo and they respond almost immediately.

Its frustrating when the Fedex truck is double parked illegally in the middle of the street and in no parking zones making it so tight that to make it through you have to nearly hit the truck everytime. I recently nicked a Fedex truck and stopped to report it to the driver (who wasn't in the truck), but I can see why most people wouldn't.

tryit

Do u have any idea how many b.s.claims fedex gets everyday?

Ive personally had customers say i hit their garage and destroyed the door. Come to find out the springs on the door broke but hey, lets just blame fedex. I get hit and run atleast twice a year by people who think no ones in the truck. Never call the cops.

Let one of us do that and see what happens.In closing, quit your whinning

to tryit Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States #603008

Well I came to this site to see if anyone else was posting about the late opening times, repeated delays at the Baton ROuge office and found this gem of a comment by you, the FEd-Ex driver from ***. I doubt Fed-Ex can find out who you are (I just hope they would actually care) but when I change my payroll and weekly accounting package delivery over to UPS next week and cancel the corporate account with Fed Ex I will, in addition to my personal 'whine', point out your disgusting post to the very legitimate complaint above as the straw that broke the camel's back. I suspect you are a bad employee regardless of who you work for but it's Fed-Ex's misfortune to have hired you.

to ex- Fed Ex customer Redmond, Washington, United States #1191947

A local FedEx driver in my area abused and damaged my property (fence and driveway) and was verbally offensive for years before he finally went over the line and I contacted their legal department directly.I don't see him anymore, but you should know that if this guy is a FedEx Ground driver (the usual offenders) he is a contractor.

The trucks are leased out and the drivers work for a vendor. They are well insulated by not having to display the actual name of their employer/vendor. I had a new incident recently and the driver's truck was blank (no company ID) and he wore an amazon shirt but says he does not work for Amazon. This system is a nightmare.

Suggest if the packages are for Amazon you contact them as well. But you will likely get nowhere with FedEx unless you file a property damage claim which I bet the guy you spoke to did not do--I am still waiting for the call back.

haha never going to happen.Use UPS--they are respectful.