2.2K views

A FedEx driver knocked part of our fence down early last week. The drivers supervisor called us about it soon after.

He told my husband that someone would be out to fix the fence Friday morning at 8 AM and someone had to be there to witness the repairs being made. Our first reaction was okay, mistakes/ accidents happen it was good of them to respond so quickly and it'll be okay until Friday. Friday morning came and went and no one ever came or called. Clarence claims to have called us but there was no miss call or voice mail.

This was frustrating because like most people we work on Friday at 8 AM. The weekend went by and still no word from anyone at FedEx. Then on Monday my husband called Clarence back only to find out that he needed to speak to Matt at the local office. He did so but Matt wasn't in and would call him back.

After several hours of no call my husband asked me to call because he wouldn't be by his phone. I call and Matt is there immediately...just hadn't thought to return the call yet. Matt then tells me he knows nothing about this but he has a reference number and a 1-800 number I can call. I asked why we hadn't known about this and he said he had no clue.

I call the number get a representative who says someone else is handling this and she'll call me back. When our representative calls I learn that a.) Clarence should NEVER have offered to make the repairs. b.) they have policies against telling customers this and have no solution for the time off c.) he didn't file a claim immediately d.) Matt should have called as soon as the reference number was created (which should have been mid last week - before Friday!) e.) We'll have to get two different estimates on the repairs and that will not be compensated in advance (if at all) and all of this will take time to process...

In short, FedEx has made us take time off work needlessly, damaged our property and been lying to us all along. And what do we get to encourage us to continue using FedEx?

NOTHING.

Maybe someone will get us a check at some point so we can fix the damage they caused... UPS you have a loyal customer!

Comments

@FedEx My car was hit by a FedEx truck. I filed a police report, gotten some estimates, a witness and everything.

Lynne Corriveau from ARC claims has not yet responded my calls.

This is literally the worst EXPERIENCE i've had in awhile. To this date I am waiting for a resolution.

So has anyone had any resolution yet from any of these claims? I am dealing with the same thing...

fedex truck hit my house! I wish it was a mailbox!

Anyways 11 weeks since they hit my house and 5 weeks since we settled. Looking for some hope.

same problem here destroyed our mailbox I had to contact them but after multiple calls and emails they will not response

Did you ever get this settled?I too have a claim, a FeDex driver got her truck stuck turning around in my driveway. Buried the truck all the way to the axle.

Farmer next door got her out. The ruts that they left behind are almost 2ft deep in spots. And yes I’m getting the run a round. This happened in Early April and it is now the end of June.

And NOTHING.

I did everything that they asked me to do and still they put me off. Oh yes, news flash, the claims Dept told me today that the agent is now on vacation and there’s no one else I can talk with.That’s just BS

We experienced a similar situation. A fed ex driver caused substantial damage to our driveway on Feb.

10th. To make matters worse, the driver did not inform us she had damaged the driveway, nor did a manager contact us about the issue. When we contacted the corporate claims department they told us we needed to get two estimates and send them in before they would be able to send a check. We did this and they informed us that they would send a check for the amount of the repair estimate.We began working with an adjuster by the name of Kate who informed us their "system was being updated" and would not be available until April 9th, but we were assured a check would be in the mail as soon as the update was complete.After multiple email correspondence with Kate, assuring us a check would be in the mail any day, we still have not received any reimbursement for the damages caused by the fed ex driver.It is now May 24th and still no check.

I have spent over half of my day on the phone with more than 10 Fed Ex employees, each one telling me they have NO RECORD OF MY CLAIM (how is this possible???). They then transfer me to yet another department. As of now, Fed Ex has not taken any steps to make this right or reimburse us for the cost to repair our driveway. Not to mention, my husband and I have spent countless hours on the phone trying to get to the bottom of this issue.

I will be cancelling my weekly shipment that comes through Fed Ex. So disappointing.

to Anonymous #1496341

Amazingly, I have had the same experience as you dealing with damage to my driveway in February. I have been in contact with Kate Stroup and was told the same nonsense about systems being updated and not being able to be processed until after April 9th.

Then I was told the check was processed.

Two weeks ago I let Kate know we never received a check and she said she would look into it. I just emailed her this morning asking for her manager’s contact information.

FedEx did damage to my property 0n 1-26-18 and still I have not been paid. FedEx has lied to me, misrepresented and hung up on me a dozen times, even when I try to be nice.

Lynne Corriveau, at ARC Claims Management who handles the claims for FedEx, has outright lied to me many times, delayed the process and has been very disrespectful most of the time. The customer service people are the very worst I have ever dealt with. The terminal manager in Austell, GA, James Perry has been the only nice, honest and respectful person I have talked to. It is impossible to talk to anyone in the corporate office and I have told they will not talk with people.

This is sure a reflection of the company culture from the CEO down. If I had to rate FedEx I would say they make pond *** look great.

I have had a similar experience after they damaged my mailbox. I have to work through ARC Claims and have not been able to get status updates, or even answers to emails.

Fort Worth, Texas, United States #1259890

I feel you...they have damaged landscape here at our office building on multiple occasions..still trying to get satisfaction from them.

I just had the same thing happen and called and made a claim and received a number. Still waiting for someone to call and explain how they are going to repair the damage.

This driver had to know he did the damage, and he just left without telling anyone or leaving a note. Nice character people/drivers that FEDEX hires huh???

francojohn23

That is amazing, my experience with this company has always been 100% positive, anytime I need to get in touch with them regarding a package, pick-up time or any other issue I send them a text message via TalkTo and they respond almost immediately.

to francojohn23 #1507977

Well your experience is different. Your talking about package pick up, we are all talking about property damage caused by their drivers.

Its frustrating when the Fedex truck is double parked illegally in the middle of the street and in no parking zones making it so tight that to make it through you have to nearly hit the truck everytime. I recently nicked a Fedex truck and stopped to report it to the driver (who wasn't in the truck), but I can see why most people wouldn't.

tryit

Do u have any idea how many b.s. claims fedex gets everyday?

Ive personally had customers say i hit their garage and destroyed the door. Come to find out the springs on the door broke but hey, lets just blame fedex. I get hit and run atleast twice a year by people who think no ones in the truck. Never call the cops.

Let one of us do that and see what happens. In closing, quit your whinning

to tryit Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States #603008

Well I came to this site to see if anyone else was posting about the late opening times, repeated delays at the Baton ROuge office and found this gem of a comment by you, the FEd-Ex driver from ***. I doubt Fed-Ex can find out who you are (I just hope they would actually care) but when I change my payroll and weekly accounting package delivery over to UPS next week and cancel the corporate account with Fed Ex I will, in addition to my personal 'whine', point out your disgusting post to the very legitimate complaint above as the straw that broke the camel's back. I suspect you are a bad employee regardless of who you work for but it's Fed-Ex's misfortune to have hired you.

to ex- Fed Ex customer Redmond, Washington, United States #1191947

A local FedEx driver in my area abused and damaged my property (fence and driveway) and was verbally offensive for years before he finally went over the line and I contacted their legal department directly. I don't see him anymore, but you should know that if this guy is a FedEx Ground driver (the usual offenders) he is a contractor.

The trucks are leased out and the drivers work for a vendor. They are well insulated by not having to display the actual name of their employer/vendor. I had a new incident recently and the driver's truck was blank (no company ID) and he wore an amazon shirt but says he does not work for Amazon. This system is a nightmare.

Suggest if the packages are for Amazon you contact them as well. But you will likely get nowhere with FedEx unless you file a property damage claim which I bet the guy you spoke to did not do--I am still waiting for the call back.

haha never going to happen. Use UPS--they are respectful.

to tryit #1490323

I’m sure they do receive several damage claims that are false. But when I emailed them a video from my neighbors ring cam of their driver hitting my mailbox over a week ago I still haven’t heard back from them.

How’s that for customer service driver wasn’t even delivering to my home and video also had sound and you could hear truck hitting my mailbox. So even if you send them proof that they’re driver is responsible they still do nothing I’m sure not planning on using them anymore!!!

to Dave #1503368

Having the same issues---ABSOLUTELY no customer service. ARC Claims hope if they run you around you will go away.

Have no choice but to contact attorney generals office if i do not hear from them in the next couple days. I think going on a month should have been enough time to fix my problem.

to tryit #1507980

Aren’t you professionalTheir are false claims I’m sure, but more times than not the claims are legitimate. We are not whining!!!