Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

Yesterday was one year anniversary to most un-pleasant experience with FedEx. My family love Eienstein Green-Chil bagels and only way for us to enjoy them is to have them shipped over-night from New Mexico.

Some family members/friends do us a favor by buying them and shipping them over-night to our homes few times a year. Last year's shipment to my place had an error on zip code by one-digit with correct address, city and state. Rather than sending it to the correct city, FedEx shipped it to different city many miles away therefore about the time the box arrived at my home, several days later, those 2 dozen bagels had green molds growing on them. Upon receiving them, filed a claim with FedEx for damage to recover the cost so I can order them to replace them.

Operators I talked with told me there should not a problem recovering the cost so I was hopeful until an email from FedEx informing me of claim denial. Upset with the response, tried again to have it reviewed but found out there is no way to follow it up once FedEx denied. So my daughter spent something like $100 to surprise me with my favorite bagels, we both lost due to 1-digit error on the box. What upset me more is the fact that how disappointed my daughter was for this to happen, to deny her gift for me.

There should be some type of error-check on shipments rather than rely solely on zip code alone, especially on very costly over-night shipments. Not only that, if the package was re-routed right away, even taking one extra day, those bagels would have been just fine. Instead, it took too long for FedEx to act on their mistake.

We have not seen any more bagels shipped since this episode - our special treats we enjoyed few times a year ended a year ago. It also means that FedEx lost their business from us and trust we had in them.

Review about: Fedex Priority Overnight Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Package getting lost, Did not follow through.

Comments