El Prado, New Mexico
2.3
Additional Fees

I shipped a mannequin. The online estimate was for about $50. About a week later I got a charge on my credit card for about $190 with Fedex. When I called, they couldn't tell me what it was for, so I thought it was fraud, I contested the charge with my bank and I cancelled my credit card. After several days, when I called Fedex back, it was apparent the charge was for the mannequin.

I was told the excess charge was b/c this was a large item and the 'dimensional weight' added more fees.

I filed a dispute, stating they had incorrectly measured my package, but they denied the claim and now I cannot find any link for it, so it doesn't look like there ever was a claim. The size they quoted for the package was bigger in two dimensions by 15 & 20 inches and I have photos to prove it (the recipient photographed the box before opening it.)

No one is interested in listening to me. They cannot explain why their online price estimator could be 400% incorrect, nor did they think such a price difference warranted contacting me to verify that I still wanted to ship the item at that price.

As a final insult, they have now suspended my account, however they haven't seen fit to call me.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of disinterest in helping and charged 4x estimate. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of mannequin shipping and associated monetary loss in the amount of $140. FedEx needs to "credit my account for the over-charge of $140. a formal apology. assurance that they will adopt a policy of contacting customer anytime the shipping costs exceed the estimate by more than 20%" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned mannequin shipping in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at FedEx.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments