Verified Reviewer

I am very irate with the mishandling of my package sent from Miami, Florida to Montreal, Canada. On the 29th of September 2021, I went to the local FEDEX office to have a package sent and delivered to Montreal, Canada.

Your representative took the package and told me that the package should be in Canada on or about the 6th of October 2021. The package was delayed in Ohio (Toledo Gateway) because it was missing a valid Commercial Invoice. I then returned to the FEDEX location where the package was initial shipped from and with the assistances of the location manager a Commercial Invoice was prepared and sent to Ohio. The package was then sent into Canada, and it cleared Canadian customs and it was forwarded to Dorval, Quebec, Canada, and schedule for delivery on October 13, 2021.

However, at 10:33 AM on the 13th of October the package was shipped to Rensselaer, New York where it was to be returned to shipper (me) in Miami, Florida. The reason the package was being returned to shipper was because, according to someone at FEDEX I had requested that the package be sent back to me on or about October 4th. First, I have never requested that the package be returned and in all my telephonic communication with your representatives at FEDEX I have insisted that the package be delivered to my recipient in Canada. Second, I was made to believe that my package would be delivered on or about October 14, 2021, to the recipient in Montreal, Canada when in fact the package was being sent back to Miami, Florida.

Finally, in all my telephonic communications with your representatives, which began on October 4th, I have stated that I wanted the package delivered to my recipient in Montreal, Canada and I have never asked nor authorized its return to me here in Miami, Florida. And according to the FEDEX representatives that I have talked to, they all say the same thing, that all the correspondence associated with this shipment say the same thing, that the package should be delivered to my recipient in Montreal, Canada.

My package, tracking number 284391****94 (Case Number 100466****) which has been in your companys custody since September 29, 2021, and delayed in Ohio and now has the appropriate Commercial Invoice prepared and forward to your representative in Toledo, Ohio on October 7, 2021, and entered and cleared Canadian customs on October 8, 2021 and was sent to your facility in Dorval, Quebec, Canada, is now in-transit back to Miami, Florida.

Along with the stress and aggravation this incident has caused, this has been a very frustrating set of circumstances which I have had to deal with and my son who that package was for, has missed an important school presentation he had for October 15, 2021.

The package has now been returned to me here in Miami, Florida. I received the package on Monday, October 18, 2021, and I am now told that I would have to wait until the FEDEX's invoice is processed and finalized before I can claim a refund and/or have my package shipped again to Canada.

To further aggravate me, I was also informed, that I would have to pay to have the package sent back to Canada once it arrives here at my address in Miami, Florida.

My questions are: WHY do I have to wait for the invoice to be processed and finalized?

WHY was the package not allowed to be delivered to my recipient in Canada? And most importantly, WHY can't I talk to someone within your Customer Service apparatus who could give real, truthful and concrete answers to this package and its problem areas?

User's recommendation: I have none, because my problem still persists.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Location: 3401 North Miami Avenue, Miami, FL 33127