Horrible, horrible experience with fed ex.I purchased a couple of items as a gift for my friend who recently had a new baby.

The item was supposed to be delivered to her apartment building. The item was sent out for shipping within a couple days from the company I purchased from, I got notified, and supposed to reach her. since I was tracking the item, I got 5-6 emails saying they tried to deliver but couldn't because "business was closed or customer unavailable". That's 5-6 days after it was supposed to be delivererd.

I made sure my friend was home and of course she was. I called fed ex to ask if they could contact the driver and see what was going on. They said they can't give phones to drivers for "safety" reasons because they are driving. Bulls--t.

Can't the driver just answer Calls when he is parked? Anyway long story short, my friend asked her building security/front lobby who said fed ex never came. They just went to the back docking area each time they "attempted delivery". They lied to customers saying they attempted delivery when they really hadn't.

I think fed ex is pathetic. Eventually the driver called my friend who had to go to a subway station and meet the driver to pick it up since he said he tried reaching the docking area again.

I verified The apartment number was clearly written on the mailing address and they simply needed to deliver to the suite, not the back docking area .Anyway I will never rely on fed ex again.

Review about: Fedex Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

Anytime a customer service person picks up the phone, tell them you want to speak to a manager in the terminal which your package is being delivered by from. Don't bother explaining anything to customer service, just have them direct you to a manager from the terminal. I am a FedEx driver and i ususally get a phone call about reattempting a package from time to time.

LindsayDD
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #1336171

Typical FedEx responses.I had an item that was to be delivered a certain day.

Mind you it had snowed 3 days prior and the streets and sidewalks were cleared. I saw a FedEx driver go across the street and figured he'd be here next. Then I get a notification saying "Delivery Exception" I contacted FedEx and they actually said due to weather conditions they couldn't deliver to me. Even though they delivered across the street.

It's always a problem with them.Yet UPS, Amazon & USPS delivered they day before with no issues!