98 views
Verified Reviewer

Advanced Reviewer

Update by user Jun 03, 2020

Since posting my initial review I was contacted by FedEx’s Israeli subsidiary, who offered an an apology, but ignored my last message about my FedEx account, as has FedEx itself. My FedEx account has become a ping-pong ball between FedEx U.S.

and FedEx Israel, with each company pushing it back to the other. My review therefore remains unchanged: do NOT use FedEx.

Original review posted by user May 04, 2020

I have been a loyal FedEx customer for many years. I recently needed to change the address on my FedEx account from my no-longer-valid U.S.

address to an Israeli one and to register for tracking updates for a particular shipment that is on its way to me. I called FedEx and an operator named Mary put me through to its International department. After a long wait I reached an agent named Charlie, who spoke with a very heavy Spanish accent, which made it quite difficult for me to understand him. Charlie kept me waiting on the line for almost half an hour.

When he finally came back he told me to call their billing department. It turned out he meant the Revenue Services department. When I called the Revenue Services department I reached a lady named Becky who kept me waiting for a very long time and finally said she had updated my address but could not update my payment information, even though it was complete and accurate. She said she could not send me a screen shot of any error message either.

This left me without being able to use my account to order pickups and pay for shipments. Becky then put me through to their technical support department, where an agent named Tim took my call, but the lines were crossed, my call got tangled up with their automatic telephone survey from the previous call, and Tim vanished from the line. All I heard after that was recorded messages. I called the FedEx Technical Support Department once more and get switched by an agent named Brandon to another named Anthony who registered me for the updates of my shipment.

I then e-mailed John Ackerson, an executive support specialist at the companys Executive Services who had dealt with my FedEx issues before, about this. The only reply was an automatic one asking me to call a telephone number where he cannot be reached, only his voice mail. I then wrote Fred Smith, the CEO. All I got were automated replies that said my messages had been received and giving me case numbers.

One of them even said We are reviewing your email to determine whether or not it contains fraudulent websites. [sic!] During my last call to their billing department I reached a haughty agent named Christine who interrogated me aggressively about my personal information. When I asked her whether she wanted my U.S.

or Israeli information, she replied, I am asking the questions here! In short, terrible service and a total lack of responsibility and responsiveness.

User's recommendation: Do not use FedEx.

Product or Service Mentioned: Fedex Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Apology.

FedEx Pros: Nada.

FedEx Cons: Dismissive and not my problem attitude, Irresponsive managment, Rigidity.

Comments