I am an established Ebay seller.I pack and ship all my own merchandise.

I have used FedEx regularly for the last 2 years. My last 3 experiences have been awful. They acted as though I had brought in a dead cat to ship but it was just a non standard box. The first two times I had a large item and put one box over the other to extend the height.

The box nearly covered the other and was secured by multiple layers of tape. I have done this before both USPS and FedEx and never had a problem with damage to the item during shipping. They begrudgingly allowed me to ship the boxes. I asked the second guy if there was something I could read or see that had information about whatever the issue was and he said I could see the shipping guidelines on line.

I looked and did not see anything that said "pack it this way or we will refuse to ship it."

Again today I had three nicely packed boxes. 2 were double boxed with the overbox being a cut down larger box and the inner box a standard size box. The FedEx guy immediately said that he would not take the boxes. I explained that they were double boxed but he still refused.

They had a laminated "shipping guidelines" sheet that they tried to show me but I was not very happy so I left. It was an incredible waste of time. I based my Ebay shipping fee on the FedEx rate and it will cost me more to ship via USPS. Also I am appalled at the way I was treated.

I have been shipping various boxes for 2 years without a word being said - some of them I had to make myself out of double thick cardboard. Now, suddenly, I am supposed to always use a "regular" box? I cannot afford to have every size box on hand.

The manager said that "we have always had these policies but haven't been enforcing them." What the heck?My business will be taken elsewhere FedEx.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. anntiquerose stated that there is a room for improvement of refusing to accept well packed boxes. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of fedex shipping. FedEx needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned fedex shipping in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at FedEx.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments