I wrote a FedEx ceo an email stating my situation:
Hello FedEx Executive,
My name is Colleen Henson and my shipment that was sent through your company was mistreated resulting in the death of the animal that was being shipped. I ordered an Asian Water Monitor for the amount of 149.90 including shipping costs from the Flordia Herps pet and supplies company. I paid for 24 hour live animal shipping and the shipment was promised on your website to arrive by 10 am on 03-04-2015. The shipment was late so I called your company they said it would be just and hour late. Then that hour passed and I called again they said that a truck the a couple days before with other packages not mine was late so they were delivering those. I was disgusted with that answer because your company should prioritize live animals to go out, I would not have been worried if it was makeup I ordered. Also I paid for the priority shipping so I had to remind them of that and with that they promised within the next hour and they would contact the driver. After waiting that hour I of course called another time and then again had to remind another representative it was a live animal when there legally should be a notice of that already when they did not see one. Again promised a different time when the shipment arrived 5 hours late. Now a lizard is shipped with a heat pack to keep them warm for the journey and besides the fact that it is a live animal the 24 hour shipping is meant for that heat pack. My of course could not withstand the circumstances of being pushed aside for 5 extra hours and not prioritizing a live animal or marking the box correctly. Well as you can tell I opened my package to a dead animal which was a terrible experience in itself. So I called your claims department to make one and had multiple representatives promise the claim would be accepted on a recorded line (feel free to pull the calls). They said all I would have to do is call the shipper and have them finish the claim as it was clearly FedEx at fault and not the shipper or me. So I contacted the shipper who proceeded to let me know that he has a contract with your company stating that he is not allowed to file a claim. Now I understand that company having a contract but FedEx had already promised acceptance of fault when they should be able to see that information. So legally FedEx would just have to approve a one time claim for that company so he is not breaking his contract. So I called FedEx again attempting to get someone knowledgeable and explained the situation once again to many people who once again admitted fault until I got to someone that said he would email and call the company letting them know to do the claim but he said he did not see a contract. So once again that was not helpful because your employees could not seem to understand what a contract is so a random telecommunications employee can not just tell the company they can finish the claim. Also I contacted the company again and they never received anything this rep promised and he never contacted me again as promised. In conclusion I have been a previous happy customer of FedEx but now I feel as though this company does not care about how the animals they ship are handled and in turn do not care about compensating their customers for mistakes. In my opinion if this was a mistake instead of carelessness the company would be working harder to help fix it and reimburse my purchase or fulfill my claim for a new reptile. I have spoke to and dealt with many people that do not keep promises or seem to know what they are doing so I hope and pray that you can help rectify the situation so I do not have to continue on this path to someone else. I would love to be finished with this but I will also not just put up with a company not caring that much.
Thank you for looking over my situation and I look forward to your response and resolution.
His executive assistant contacted me that day stating they would not do anything because it was a live animal shipment and would not take liability. They are the ones that were 5 hours late on the 24 hour live animal shipping I paid for. FedEx were the ones that prioritized inanimate objects shipping over what once was a living breathing animal. I proceeded to ask her if it is their responsibility to be on time and she stated they are not liable for anything on live animal shipments. So it doesn't matter that they are late, not caring about the animals well being, not marking the package correctly so possibly throwing the package around carelessly, they will not take responsibility for their actions and will mistreat what they'd like. So from everything I have been told no live animal shipper should work with this company if they want their customers happy and their shippments on time with the animal alive. As well customers for your animals health go to a shipper that does not use FedEx but uses a company that cares.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Live Animal Shipment
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have bought this used mobile phone from a friend through eBay which is faulty condition to use it here in India for my personal use. I believe the shipper..."
- "I had a blackberry to be delivered to me coming from Canada and Yes, a signature was required, however, it was supposed to be my signature and I did Not..."
- "FedEx has the most unprofessional people working for them. I've had packages delivered by them that were so-called lost and that they couldn't get into our building which never stopped..."
- "I was waiting for a sale to purchase an Alienware Graphics Amplifier and when I saw it was bundled with a GeForce GTX 970 I decided to pull the trigger...."
- "I have purchased a purse back in March from Tanger outlet in Williamsburg IA. As of today I had the cross strap break off of it pretty upset for..."
- "Terrible! Shari's Berries used to be a great product; fancy, huge strawberries, nicely coated, and great presentation. Not anymore. I can only discribe them as Made in China Dollar Store quality...."
- "About seven months ago I had Hardwood Specialists come out to the house to look at my Hardwood floors. They were in very bad shape. Ken Zand the salesman came..."
- "Purchased a Southern Motion reclining sofa in Feb 2013 and accepted delivery in March of 2013. It's 3 years and 8 months later and the covering is flaking off along..."
- "I order a Dallas Cowboy Decanter Set in July or beginning of August, they stated it will be shipped. After about a week or 2 I called because I didn't..."