Verified Reviewer

I was standing near my home in Rossmoor, Walnut Creek, Calif. A FedEx driver was turning around at the time I stopped and checked something out in the neighborhood.

The driver apparently thought I was looking at him. He yelled at me: "What are you looking at?" I said "not at you at all", but I'm quite sure he didn't hear me.

I worked with troubled youth for 15 years, including gang members and wanna be gang members. They often posed this question: "what are you looking at" at the slightest glance at them. It's considered to be a question that indicates a person is displeased with you.

Among the gang members it's a call for a confrontation.

I wish your drivers would not call an elderly woman out, who is just looking at something in the neighborhood and minding her own business. You need to train you drivers not to call out innocent bystanders. I live in a retirement community.

This incident happened at Enty 1, Ptarmigan Drive, Rossmoor, California on June 27th, approximately at 1:15pm. The young man in question needs to be educated how to behave in the community.

Marjatta DeSchepper