I tried to ship with fedex the parcel from Toronto to Virginia Beach. It was a supplemental nutritional pills parcel that was meant to be taken by person to my home country on the other half of the Globe. I downloaded the invoice from the website and filled it out. When driver showed up I had the booklet with all info about the supplement. I asked the driver if I had to attach it somewhere he said he would do it himself (would attach it to a separate "airway bill"). He asked me to make some copies of the invoice while he volunteered to fill in the shipping address etc. When I had my invoice copies he "had" everything ready. Next day I received the call that customs need to know the information about pills (which was in that booklet).

Also, they asked me if it was a gift or commercial which invoice supposed to have, but did not have a place write it in. I faxed all necessary information, but it still take them 3 days to deliver the express shipment (next day delivery). The person did not get my parcel on time and left and I had to wait for the parcel to come back to me, stay at home for the whole day waiting and ended up with pills. To send those parcel to my home country would cost me about $150 - they denied any discount on that shipment.

Next time I had to receive a mere envelope with 5 standard pages in it from Boston MA. The envelop was sent on Thursday for the next day delivery and of course did not arrive on Friday. When I called them, they claimed it was a customs delay (1 envelope with 5 pages of printed text with nothing serious in it). They offered me the Sat. delivery which I accepted, but on Sat morning they did not show up till 12. When I called and proposed the pick up from their place (at least 1.5 hours of driving) they were not sure where the envelope was. At 3 o'clock they called me to pick up the parcel from but there was not enough time for me to get it. I called Monday to claim the refund but the manager Arman spent hours bs**tting me about customs delay and all that endeavors, that they did their best to deliver on Sat. In a nut shell:

screw fedex - I am switching to UPS. Hopefully, they won't screw me like fedex (they are obviously less expensive - I checked the rates already).

Where is a company with a new name and attitude to get paid for a good service?

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments