I need help. FedEx is claiming that I accepted and signed for a package.

I did not. I have been going back and forth with them for some days now. Here is the issue: I placed an order with Comcast. I was given a FedEx tracking number.

When I looked up the tracking number, it said that my package was delivered to and signed for by me. It was not. When I called FedEx to correct them, I was called a liar, and my integrity was questioned. I was first told by thier representative that my package was delivered to me on the second floor.

There is no access to the second floor.The next day, I was told by thier representative that they gave my package to someone claiming to be my uncle. Today, I am told by thier representative that they gave it someone claiming to be my nephew. I HAVE NO RELATIVES LIVING IN MY BUILDING! AND FURTHER, IF YOU KNOW THAT I DID NOT SIGN FOR THIS PACKAGE, WHY DO YOU SAY THAT I DID???

I asked them why would they not verify the person's identity before handing over my package. I was told that they are allowed to give the package to anyone who answers the door. I argued with them, saying that they have either made a mistake, or the driver kept the package for himself and marked it as delivered. My apartment building is a collection of close knit, elderly people, none of whom would steal thier heighbor's packages.

I told them that if they have a signature, it is easy to compare the signatures and see that I did not sign for it. They said that they don't have to prove anything.They denied my claim, saying that the delivery was made, that I signed for it, that I am lying. Why is FedEx allowed to give a package to anyone without verification of identity? If this is their policy, then why can't they accept that mistakes can be made?

FEDEX ARE THE ONES WHO ARE LYING. I NEVER SIGNED FOR ANYTHING, AND I WANT MY PACKAGE! There are 8 units in my clearly marked apartment building. Each unit has a doorbell/buzzer which is clearly marked with unit number.

Entry into building is impossible without ringing the apartment number doorbell/buzzer. Anyone wishing entry must be buzzed in by the occupant of the apartment. I was sitting in my living room at the time that my package was supposedly delivered.There is nothing wrong with my doorbell/buzzer. There is nothing wrong with my hearing.

NO ONE RANG MY DOORBELL/BUZZER. If he actually made the delivery, why is the delivery person allowed to give a package to anyone without first confirming that person's identity? I just can't understand this policy-it makes no sense, and I really don't appreciate my integrity being put into question because of a mistake made by FedEx, or theft of my package by the delivery driver, which I suspect is what happened. I did not sign for this package.

I never received this package. It is not fair that they can do this and I am helpless to do anything about it. After days of trying to find answers, I have learned that this happens often with FedEx. They seem to be untouchable in these instances.

I am extremely incensed and angered by this. Would you please have something done about it?

Could I file a police report against the delivery driver? Item tracking number is:449518063068

Sincerely,

George Brown

Product or Service Mentioned: Fedex Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 18.

Comments

h.kitchener

Contact Comcast and tell them you did not receive the package and advise you will be filing a police report and, of course not paying for undelivered goods. Go from there.

I sure hope you didn't pay for it via a debit card, etc. This is why a credit card is so beneficial---make sure you dispute the charge in addition. FedEx is usually pretty reliable, but whenever you accuse a company of having bad employees, they tend to become defensive, etc. So be it.

Never pay for something you don't owe---or in your case, never received.

Comcast sent the package and you never received it. Thus, tell Comcast it is between them and Fedex.

to h.kitchener #1521279

Thank you-I really appreciate your support in this matter.