2.3
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

Someone is apparently trying to send me something - probably a gift. Fedex sent me a text message specifically telling me an adult signature is required.

I will not be home, so I went to their link and tried to change delivery options -- all the options require paying something: $5, $10, $13 - depending on what option I tried (deliver at a different time, deliver on a different day, deliver to a different address). I consider this absolutely outrageous -- why should I have to pay for someone else trying to send me a gift? Fedex has not required a signature in the past, and I've never had a problem; I believe Fedex is deliberately requiring a signature in order to try to force me into paying for a change in delivery options.

That's wrong; I will not pay, and I invite other people to refuse also. What's next - Fedex sending worthless items to people in order to raise money by getting them to pay for delivery?

Product or Service Mentioned: Fedex Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Attempt to force me to pay to receive a gift.

Comments

Stoughton, Massachusetts, United States #1258049

I work for FedEx. Most likely the shipper is shipping you alcohol - which requires a signature and we CANNOT have any control over that (Federal law) or they are sending something declared more than $500 in value.

Anything $500 or more triggers a direct signature and again, we CANNOT change that. I recommend calling customer service and requesting it be held at a FedEx location.

Pikesville, Maryland, United States #1256022

No dum dum... whoever sent the package is paying for the option of requiring a adult sign for the package. You can't change it, only the shipper can.

I swear people are getting dumber and dumber.

Denver, Colorado, United States #1255934

Perhaps someone is sending you a bottle of wine. Maybe some ammo.

Whatever the case, the require a signature.

It's not their fault you can't be home for the drop.

You have a couple choices at this point.

1.Find a way to stay home and get something cool

2.Refuse to pay and let it go back and find out you could have had something awesome for $5.00

I'm sure Fed Ex isn't sending random boxes as a way to generate revenue.