I had two speakers that I sold on eBay that I had bought from a retailer brand in original packaging.The exterior of the container clearly showed they were speakers.

I took pictures of the speakers and packaging before I shipped. The container was corrugated cardboard that was specifically made for the speakers no additional room for added packing. When the speakers arrived at the buyer the speakers were destroyed. It appears the driver must of dropped the speakers from the truck to the road.

I filed a damage report and it was denied because there was no packing inside the box. There was no room since the packing was designed for the speakers. I thought by leaving the, in the original packaging that would give them a clue to handle with care!!! It is unbelievable the disregard the company has with people's items then refuse to cover the cost because there was no packing inside a box that was designed for the speakers.

I knew I should of used UPS!!! I have just closed my fedex account, I spent $5,500. In the last 12 months, they have got the last dollar from me.

DONT USE FEDEX!!!!!USE UPS OR USPS IF YOU WANT THE ITEMS DELIVERED AS EXPECTED!!!!!

Review about: Fedex Pickup Service.

I didn't like: Poor management.

1.6
Turnaround Time
Additional Fees
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problem with delivery / $350
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Fedex?

Comments

#1120064

We mostly ship UPS and their packaging guides say the product needs 3" of foam around it. Your speakers were probably originally shipped as a pallet load, not just as a corrugated box. No one that knows anything about shipping would put an 85# speaker in a corrugated box and expect any other result.

That would have probably have been the result regardless of how you shipped those speakers. If they were really 85 pounds each, they would have been going on the bottom of the pile every time, and without additional packaging, they would be easily crushed, dented, etc.

Really?

Would you buy a dozen eggs, slap a label on them and expect they would arrive unbroken?

After all, it says "eggs" on the box.

That is the same thing with your speakers.

Read the packing guidelines BEFORE you ship something!

Once the trailer is unloaded, pacakges travel on a network of belts which can cover 40 miles, no one touches your box again until the person loading the tralier gets it. As the package travels on the inclines and sloes of the belts, other boxes will slam into each other.

to Anonymous #1014552

Yes, I would expect the person handling the item to take care of the item.If they weren't fragile then you could just put them in a standard cardboard box with no identification.

You are missing the point, the cardboard container was designed for the speakers and they weighted 85# each. They was no room in the boxes and based on how bad they were destroyed I could of used 100 rolls of bubble wrap and that wouldn't of saved them. You must be a fedex employee. As a customer I expect that when I ship a package that you take care of it.

Not throw it of a truck and kick it to the buyers door.Maybe a little re training and customer service training would help your organization.

to Anonymous #1014555

Based on your comment you know there are issues with handling of items in your system. Maybe you should spend some time addressing the issues versus spending time on websites trying to validate that you screw your customers. I can say that Fedex is the only transporter that I have had similar issues with that why I don't use them and rely on UPS!!!!