Fedex - Unreliable and seemingly punitive delays

I saw tracking information in advance, so I stayed home to wait.At 2:18PM CDT, FedEx posted "Customer not available or business closed" in the tracking info for a package that required no signature to release.

No note was left on the door and no driver even attempted to deliver. Usually the driver knocks and leaves packages on the porch. This time, nothing. While on the phone, the operator offered to have the package held at a local office.

What he didn't say was that this would delay delivery two days. I'm still waiting. A call to another operator confirmed that the package would not be delivered to their office until tomorrow. Once on the truck, the package is held until the driver feels like delivering.

It seems complaining about the service only delays it further. Cost isn't the issue here. I chose based on the estimated delivery schedule. No more FedEx for me.

At least the UPS driver and Mailman say hi.

FedEx used to be the goto delivery service.

When you had to have it, you chose FedEx and it was delivered on time.Not the case anymore.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Delivery service

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
review #607024 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Fedex? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 30 #1166505

This happened to me not too long ago. The package never came to my house, just kept getting sent back to the FedEx facility. I called every single day and they were like, "Hmmm... I don't know what's going on, but we see it will be there tomorrow". It was always tomorrow. Until I got so mad that I demanded to speak to someone higher up. Eventually it turned out my package was on the wrong truck route and wasn't even going in the right direction, so the person I spoke to had it sent out on a truck that day. I was refunded my extra shipping cost and my package was delivered within the next hour.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Fedex. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Fedex.
Filing a new complaint about