I am writing this to share my experience with future FEDEx cutomers. And I have promised myself to replicate this on as many online forum as I can.

On July, I need to move from Texas to New York and decided to ship my flat screen TV. I was new to FedEx online and very rarely ship items using FedEx. My friends advised me to ship the TV using FedEx, so I bought the TV packaing box with foams from Home Depot (TV was 3 years old and do not have original manufacturer box), packed the TV and went to local FedEx shipping center. It was well packed with lots of tapes and added padding inside the box. The sales associates showed me the computer to print a label and drop the box at their office. When I asked her about the price and related stuff, she simply told me they are not allowed to give those to me and the package will be inspected at the fedex wirehouse to give me final price. After I left, I thought to check with FEDEX customer service to add some declared value, but the offshore customer service told me I need to wait for the driver to pickup the package before adding any value. After some days I have received the pacakge at New York and the TV was completely broken, screen cracked and severely damaged. When I filed the claim, i was denied as they think TV was not in manufacturer packaging and also it was not inspected by Fedex. Who's fault is it? How do I know all the fedex policies as customer? How do I know what are the inspection option for shipping from fedex computer?

My advice is, please stay away from FEDEX and use USPS or any other shipping service with no hypocracy and with better trained stuffs/sales associates. Also, if you get better or same service, why to pay more at FEDEX and get the damaged product and non-sense service at the end of the day? Its your call.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments