Verified Reviewer

I was informed on 5th of June 2020 that there was a consignment to be delivered to me. I was asked to submit documents for KYC for the purpose of Customs clearance.

I tried to upload the documents in the forenoon of 5th of June 2020, but their website was super slow and it took 5-6 minutes to send the OTP to me. I could not upload the documents on 5th of June 2020.

2. Then, I tried to do it again in the morning today, the 6th of June 2020. When I went to the link (provided by FedEx) to upload my documents, I uploaded all the documents as I was guided to.

Then, I got another email communication from them that I needed to upload an "Authorization letter" to FedEx for the Customs clearance. (Note: I had already signed the declaration/authorization as a part of the procedure for submission of the KYC documents). When I went to the link (they had provided) to upload the authorization form (UPDATE KYC SUBMISSION), I was asked to enter Reference Id. The fact is that they had never given me any reference number or id in any of their communications with me.

I could not go any further.

4. Then, I entered the consignment number (SUBMISSION OF KYC DOCUMENTS). Then again, I couldn't go any further: I was reminded that KYC process for the consignment was already underway, and that I should enter another waybill number.

5. I called their customer care numbers in India (180* 209 **** and 1800 22 ****).

One was always busy or "out of reach". I got through to the other number after repeated attempts. Then, I was being transferred to an executive when the call went mute. The same thing happened at least 12 times.

I tweeted the issue tagging @FedExIndia and @FedEx. While I got a reply from @FedExHelp that advised me to contact the same defunct customer care numbers, I have not got any reply from @FedExIndia till now, a good 12 hours after my tweet.

User's recommendation: Don't use FedEx services. They are a bogus company with a bogus "reputation". They give a damn about customer care services. They will harass you and *** you off for sure. Read other reviews as well. FedEx is a useless company with worst service ethics.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments