I ordered two shirts, paid for 2-day delivery, and expected to receive my garments before going on a month-long trip.Instead of leaving my package in the usual place, the FedEx driver left a message saying I had to go to another city to pick up the package.

I’m busy-out-of-my-mind preparing for my trip and I’ve paid extra for 2-day delivery, so I don’t want the extreme inconvenience of having to go to another city to pick up my package. A signature was not required; the garments were not expensive--just needed promptly. I telephoned FedEx’s Customer Service on Wednesday, May 11, 2016, about 7 p.m. I connected with a woman, who spoke in a flat monotone.

I explained that I was annoyed that my package was sent to a pickup station when I paid extra for 2-day delivery. I said that I needed the garments before leaving on a trip, otherwise they were useless to me. I added I can’t stay home from work to receive the package, and I didn’t know whether my neighbor could be at home to receive it. This charming, lovely customer service representative replied, “OK, I’ll return the package to the sender.” What?

I said, “Well thanks a lot, I paid extra for speedy delivery, and now I’ll have to do some frantic shopping while I’m traveling.” This sweet, delightful woman said, “OK.” After I hung up, I felt so annoyed I wanted to write a letter of complaint. I called back to find out the woman’s name. I reached a man, who wouldn’t give me this angelic woman’s name. But at least the guy wasn’t a psychopath who enjoys tormenting people.

I told him I had joined FedEx’s customer membership service, filled out a form and stated where I wanted packages left when I’m not at home. I asked whether I have to re-state this preference every time I receive a package. He replied that my request should be regularly followed.

Because this man canceled the return-to-sender order and properly routed my package, I did receive my garments in time for my trip.But I felt annoyed that I was not allowed to write a letter of complaint, so I’ve written this review.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "i would like my complaint to be in the customer service representative's employment file". The author is overall dissatisfied with FedEx. The most disappointing about very poor customer service from FedEx was 1st contact enjoys tormenting people , but reviewer liked 2nd contact better than first. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about FedEx.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments