I ordered a package online a week ago, got a call from FedEx stating they were there to deliver (I wasn't at home at the time) so they left a door tag in my mail for notification of a first attempt delivery.

Assuming they would bring it back to the nearest FedEx location, I was soon to discover they had dropped the parcel in the lobby of my apartment and left. When I called Customer Service to explain what happened, they were quick to tell me "your package was delivered". Yes, I know that - thank you ever so kindly for telling me the obvious, but that was not why I'm calling.

I explained to the Customer Service that my package was dropped off, left and of course naturally stolen due to their inability to do a simple job. They advised I would have to file a claim with the Shipper as they have no liability for being irresponsible and faulty to complete a simple task. So here I am, and hopefully this saves someone from using them because I most certainly have not experienced a more shotty service dealing with the most incompetent employees let alone company.

FedEx - you don't deserve one star but I had to give it to write a review..

Comments

LindsayDD

I have the same problem all the time at my building (moving to a house soon, luckily) where they just leave things but here it's left outside on a busy Philly street. The other day I came home to find my package delivered, but the box was destroyed and open. Probably by the driver since porch pirates don't open boxes of tools and leave them behind!