I recently orders a 3 piece desk and roll away chair from Wal-mart and made the mistake of having it shipped using Fed-Ex.

First of all: After I missed the first attempt which happen to be on a Friday I called immediately to notify them that I would make myself available all day Saturday so they could buzz my apartment number and/or dial my cell phone number so that I could go downstairs (since I live in an apartment complex) and pick up the package.

Well Saturday and and not only did the driver not buzz my apartment number or dial the number I provided but he also claimed that he came by my house Saturday morning but left no note stating this. When i called customer service they made it seem as though it was my fault and claimed that they couldn't get a hold of the driver (of course) then they claimed that the driver left for they day and refused to provide me with the telephone number for the local branch where my packages were coming from.

The rep in El Paso (Julian from Customer Advocate Team) claimed that he spoke with a manager by the name of Wanda who was not able to reach the driver and since I don't own a vehicle I would have to wait until Tuesday before my package could be shipped because their office doesn't deliver on Sunday or Monday's.

Long story short I managed to hang up, call back and get the direct number for the local branch and was told that there was no such person named "Wanda" at that location and the driver was still out with my package so I couldn't pick it up. Matt (Manager on duty) stated that he would set up a special delivery that Wednesday at 6pm since I work during the day , so I rented a car on Tuesday to pick up my packages and was told by customer service that my package would be unavailable because the driver had it and couldn't drop it off because once again no one was home. I asked if I could pick it up and they said that the soonest i could pick up would be Wednesday and to top it off the "Manager" Matt never documented the account so it was almost as if we never had the conversation at all.

I will "NEVER" use Fed-Ex if I have the option because they do not care about their customers and just don't listen AT ALL!

I feel a little better now.

Good Luck!

regards,

Chris

Review about: Fedex Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments