I received a text message that my 2nd day air package had been delivered to my front porch.When I checked, there was no package.

I checked the tracking information and first of all it was off by over an hour. Tracking information said the package had been delivered at 5:51 pm. The text I had received at 6:38 pm said it had been delivered at 4:51 p.m. Knowing that my address can be somewhat confusing to unaware drivers, I immediately called FedEx and told them I believed my package had been taken to the wrong address within the last hour.

There was a language barrier for starters making the man on the phone extremely hard to understand, but the gist of his advice was to repeatedly tell me to check the porch, "the drive leave the package on your porch." I repeatedly explained to him that I had checked the porch and that it was not feasible that I had overlooked a 10 pound box. His answer to that was "maybe it is around the porch?" I told him the package is no where near my porch. To that, he said, "maybe a small child or animal has taken the package it was left on your porch." He then assured me someone would check on it and call me back, which never happened. Fast forward more than 12 hours later an elderly gentleman shows up at my door with my package and tells me it was on the side of the road less than 1/4 mile from my house.

I immediately called FedEx and filed a complaint because by all appearances rather than the driver making ONE turn and delivering to my actual address, he chose to leave the package on the side of the road. When I explained what happened the response was, "so the package was delivered to your street?" I replied that Yes, technically it was delivered to my street, and was treated as if I was making a big deal out of nothing. So apparently leaving a package on your street, but not actually at your house, is close enough for FedEx.

Since they refused to acknowledge my concerns I will repeat this written complaint on every website I can find.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments